Treatment of Heart Failure: An Updateby CME Resource
Upon completion of this course, you should be able
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
The purpose of this course is to provide nurses and ancillary nursing personnel with current information about the scientific advances in the treatment of acute heart failure. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Summarize the incidence and financial impact of heart failure.
2. Identify the four stages of heart failure.
3. Discuss the neurohormonal components of heart failure.
4. Describe the role of B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) in the diagnosis of heart failure.
5. Define the role of vasoactive systems in the pathogenesis of heart failure.
6. Review the use of BNP as a point-of-care testing tool and in guiding therapy of heart failure in the outpatient setting.
7. Outline the management of patients with symptomatic and asymptomatic heart failure, including the role of nesiritide in the treatment of acute decompensated heart failure.
8. List devices used in the management of heart failure.
9. Describe impedance cardiography as a noninvasive tool to assess cardiovascular status of heart failure patients.
10. Discuss the role of members of the multi-disciplinary team in the heart failure clinic.
11. Outline the treatment plan of those patients enrolled in the heart failure clinic.
12. Discuss the future directions in the treatment of heart failure.
13. Summarize the Joint Commission guidelines for heart failure-specific care.
This 10-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.
- CME Resource/NetCE
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 260 KB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >