Treatment of Skin Disease: Comprehensive Therapeutic Strategiesby Mark G. Lebwohl, Warren R. Heymann, John Berth-Jones, Ian Coulson
Treatment of Skin Disease is your definitive source for managing the complete range of dermatologic conditions you’re likely to encounter in practice. This medical reference book boasts an intuitive and easy to use format that covers the full spectrum of options, equipping you with not only standard treatment strategies, but/b>/b>/b>/i>
Treatment of Skin Disease is your definitive source for managing the complete range of dermatologic conditions you’re likely to encounter in practice. This medical reference book boasts an intuitive and easy to use format that covers the full spectrum of options, equipping you with not only standard treatment strategies, but second- and third-line therapies for instances when other alternatives fail. You’ll be thoroughly prepared to offer your patients the expertly informed medical care they deserve when facing common or complex dermatologic diseases.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader , conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Address your most difficult clinical challenges by having every possible therapy option at your disposal, including third- and fourth-line therapies, as well as standard treatments for dermatologic disorders.
- Apply the in-depth knowledge of leading dermatologists through a summary of each treatment strategy along with detailed discussions of treatment choices.
- Gain insight to the essential features which define each dermatologic disease with chapters presented in a tabular format, using checklists of diagnostic and investigative pearls and color-coded boxed text, for quick at-a-glance summaries of key details.
- Make the most informed decisions possible with the inclusion of up-to-date evidence levels throughout the text.
- Stay abreast of emerging drug treatments and research with the very latest options for the 251 most common dermatologic conditions, and take advantage of today’s expert knowledge on hot topics in dermatology such as bed bugs, erosive pustular dermatosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, and more.
- Achieve effective visual diagnoses by viewing over 250 full-color clinical images of skin diseases, most of which are brand new in this edition.
Description: Finally someone has put together a textbook of therapeutic treatment options for skin diseases! And it's a great book! Skin diseases are listed alphabetically and current treatments are discussed by a different author (or authors). All treatment modalities with published data are mentioned and the citations are included and briefly discussed. The therapies are ranked according to what are the most common approaches and finally third line therapies, which may be necessary when the more conventional treatments have failed or not been tolerated.
Purpose: The purpose of the book is to provide a summary of treatments that is quickly referenced and available to clinicians. I definitely would recommend this book to all clinical dermatologists. I like it better than the Shelley's Advanced Dermatologic Therapy II (W.B. Saunders , 2001) because the therapies are not so anecdotal and "way out."
Audience: The book is for clinical dermatologists. The authors are credible authorities on the subject matter.
Features: Excellent photographs of each entity are included at the top of the page of each discussion. Each therapeutic recommendation is rated as to the evidence-based literature.
Assessment: This book should be a part of every dermatologist's library.
- Elsevier Health Sciences UK
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 12 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >