Treatment Planning in Dentistry / Edition 2by Stephen J. Stefanac, Samuel P. Nesbit
Pub. Date: 08/29/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This book provides essential knowledge for creating treatment plans for adult dental patients. Treatment planning strategies are presented to help with balancing the ideal with the practical, with emphasis placed on the central role of the patient - whose needs should drive the treatment planning process. The focus is on planning of treatment, not on the comprehensive… See more details below
This book provides essential knowledge for creating treatment plans for adult dental patients. Treatment planning strategies are presented to help with balancing the ideal with the practical, with emphasis placed on the central role of the patient - whose needs should drive the treatment planning process. The focus is on planning of treatment, not on the comprehensive details of every treatment modality in dentistry.
- CD-ROM bound into book presents five cases of varying difficulty with interactive exercises that allow users to plan treatment.
- What's the Evidence? boxes link clinical decision-making and treatment planning strategies to current research.
- In Clinical Practice boxes highlight specific clinical situations faced by the general dentist.
- Review Questions and Suggested Projects, located at the end of each chapter, summarize and reinforce important concepts presented in the book.
- Key Terms and Glossary highlights the terms that are most important to the reader.
- Suggested Readings lists included at the end of most chapters provide supplemental resources.
- Chapter on Treatment Planning for Smokers and Patients with Oral Cancer addresses the dentist's role in managing patients with oral cancer, recognizing oral cancer and differential diagnosis of oral lesions, planning treatment for patients undergoing cancer therapy, and smoking cessation strategies.
- Chapter on Treatment Planning for the Special Care/Special Needs Patient examines the role of the general dentist in the management of patients with a variety of conditions including physical handicaps, mental handicaps, head trauma, hemophilia, and patients' needs before, during, or after major surgery.
- Chapter on Treatment Planning for the Alcohol and Substance Abuser discusses the challenges of treating this patient population, as well as how to recognize the problem, delivery of care, scope of treatment, and behavioral/compliance issues.
- Expanded content on Ethical and Legal Issues in Treatment Planning reflects new accreditation guidelines.
- Dental Team Focus boxes highlight the relevance of chapter content to the dental team.
- Ethics Topics boxes emphasize the ethical topics found within each chapter.
- International Tooth Numbering is listed alongside the U.S. tooth numbers in examples and illustrations.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of ContentsPart I: The Treatment Planning Process
1. Information Gathering and Diagnosis Development
2. Assessment of Risk, Prognosis, and Expected Outcomes of Treatment
3. Developing the Treatment Plan
4. Ethical and Legal Issues in Treatment Planning
Part II: Phases of the Treatment Plan
5. The Systemic Phase of Treatment
6. The Acute Phase of Treatment
7. The Disease Control Phase of Treatment
8. The Definitive Phase of Treatment
9. The Maintenance Phase of Care
Part III: Planning Treatment for Patients with Special Needs
10. Treatment Planning for the Special Care/Special Needs Patient
11. Treatment Planning for Smokers and Patients with Oral Cancer
12. Treatment Planning for the Alcohol and Substance Abuser
13. The Anxious or Fearful Dental Patient
14. Managing the Patient with Psychological Problems
15. The Adolescent Patient
16. The Geriatric Patient
17. The Motivationally or Financially Impaired Patient
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >