- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
In Trial of the Century, acclaimed author Frank Schmalleger provides a self-contained, accessible account of the criminal and judicial proceedings of the O.J. Simpson double murder trial. The text draws from the unrivaled documentation of this event to guide students through the workings of America's criminal justice system. Schmalleger also reaches beyond the crime scene and court room to explore the psyche of American society as it relates to the trial and the events surrounding it.
1. Trial Background and Court Procedure.
2. Opening Statements.
3. Presentation of Evidence—Witnesses for the Prosecution.
4. Presentation of Evidence—Witnesses for the Defense.
5. Rebuttal, Rejoinder, and Closing Jury Instructions.
6. The Closing Argument of the Prosecution.
7. The Closing Argument of the Defense.
8. Jury Deliberations, Verdict and Epilogue.
Appendix A: The Witness List.
Appendix B: Letter from Nicole to O.J.
Appendix C: O.J. Simpson's Suicide Letter.
Appendix D: Nicole's 911 Calls.
Appendix E: Autopsy Report on Nicole Brown Simpson.
Appendix F: Autopsy Report on Ronald Goldman.
Appendix G: List of Evidence Taken from O.J. Simpson's Estate.