True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership / Edition 1by Bill George, Peter E. Sims
"Just as a compass points toward a magnetic field, your True North pulls you toward the purpose of your leadership. When you follow your internal compass, your leadership will be authentic, and people will naturally want to associate with you. Although others may guide or influence you, your truth is derived from your life story and only you can determine what it… See more details below
- Checkmark Business Sale - Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Shop Now
"Just as a compass points toward a magnetic field, your True North pulls you toward the purpose of your leadership. When you follow your internal compass, your leadership will be authentic, and people will naturally want to associate with you. Although others may guide or influence you, your truth is derived from your life story and only you can determine what it should be."
—From the Introduction
True Northshows how anyone who follows their internal compass can become an authentic leader. This leadership tour de force is based on research and first-person interviews with 125 of today’s top leaders—with some surprising results. In this important book, acclaimed former Medtronic CEO Bill George and coauthor Peter Sims share the wisdom of these outstanding leaders and describe how you can develop as an authentic leader. True North presents a concrete and comprehensive program for leadership success and shows how to create your own Personal Leadership Development Plan centered on five key areas:
- Knowing your authentic self
- Defining your values and leadership principles
- Understanding your motivations
- Building your support team
- Staying grounded by integrating all aspects of your life
True North offers an opportunity for anyone to transform their leadership path and become the authentic leader they were born to be.
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments.
Editor's Note (Warren Bennis).
Foreword (David Gergen).
Introduction: True North.
Part One: Leadership Is a Journey.
1. The Journey to Authentic Leadership.
2. Why Leaders Lose Their Way.
3. Transformation From “I” to "We."
Part Two: Discover Your Authentic Leadership.
4. Knowing Your Authentic Self.
5. Practicing Your Values and Principles.
6. What Motivates You to Be a Leader?
7. Building Your Support Team.
8. Staying Grounded: Integrating Your Life.
Part Three: Empowering People to Lead.
9. Leadership with Purpose and Passion.
10. Empowering People to Lead.
11. Honing Your Leadership Effectiveness.
Epilogue: The Fulfillment of Leadership.
A Research Study on Development of Authentic Leaders.
B Authentic Leaders Interviewed for True North.
C Leadership Exercises for Each Chapter.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >