Ubuntu brings Linux to the masses, but it can still be intimidating for newbies, neophytes, and geeks-in-training. With Ubuntu Made Easy by your side you'll be ready to face any challenge, and you'll discover just how fun Linux can be.
Packed with tips, tricks, and helpful pointers, Ubuntu Made Easy will get you up and running with the world's most popular free operating system. Authors Rickford Grant and Phil Bull walk you through common tasks like installing and playing games, accessing your favorite social networks, troubleshooting hardware and software problems, interacting with your Windows installation, and more.
With the help of the book's straightforward explanations and step-by-step projects, you'll also learn how to:
- Set up printers, scanners, USB flash drives, and other hardware
- Install and play free games like Frets on Fire and Frozen Bubble as well as commercial hits like Braid and World of Goo
- Watch DVDs, listen to music, and sync your mobile devices
- Edit and share digital photos and videos
- Create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Work with the command line (or avoid it altogether!)
If you're looking for a pain-free way to learn Linux, Ubuntu Made Easy is just what you need to get started. Covers Ubuntu 12.04, Precise Pangolin. Includes LiveCD.