Ulrich & Canale's Nursing Care Planning Guides: Prioritization, Delegation, and Critical Thinking / Edition 7by Nancy Haugen, Sandra J. Galura
Pub. Date: 09/10/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Practical and comprehensive, this essential resource helps you plan individualized care for clients in a variety of settings, including acute care, extended care, and home care environments. It features 33 detailed nursing diagnosis care plans and 65 disease/disorder care plans that are keyed to specific expected outcomes and interventions. This book also includes… See more details below
Practical and comprehensive, this essential resource helps you plan individualized care for clients in a variety of settings, including acute care, extended care, and home care environments. It features 33 detailed nursing diagnosis care plans and 65 disease/disorder care plans that are keyed to specific expected outcomes and interventions. This book also includes the popular Online Care Planner that allows you to edit and print standardized nursing diagnosis care plans.
• Offers the most in-depth care plans of any planning book, fostering critical thinking and promoting effective clinical decision-making.
• 33 separate nursing diagnosis care plans provide detailed interventions with rationales and documentation guidelines for the most common nursing diagnoses.
• 65 comprehensive care plans serve as a complete reference for the most common disorders in acute care, extended care, and home care settings.
• Body system organization makes content easy to locate.
• Nursing/collaborative diagnoses are linked to actions and rationales.
• Specific points for discharge teaching serve as guidelines for planning client education.
• A complete discussion of caring for older adult clients and changes that occur with aging helps you understand the unique considerations of caring for this population group.
• A new care plan format focuses on prioritized nursing interventions, interventions that can be delegated, and documentation criteria, as well as differentiating between independent and collaborative nursing actions.
• Features 8 new nursing diagnosis care plans on topics such as comfort, confusion, contamination, decision-making, falls/injury, unstable glucose level, risk-prone health behavior, and self-care.
• Includes 9 new disease/disorder care plans for Abdominal Trauma, Alzheimer’s Disease, Asthma, Enteral Nutrition, Intravenous Conscious Sedation, Internal Radiation Therapy (Brachytherapy), Mechanical Ventilation, Parkinson’s Disease, and Total Parenteral Nutrition.
• Evidence-based practice content presents the latest research findings and standards of care.
• Updated NANDA nursing diagnoses, NIC interventions, and NOC outcomes reflect the latest nursing taxonomies.
• An open, user-friendly design makes it easy to quickly locate essential information.
• The companion Evolve website features71 new narrated 3D pathophysiology animations that correspond to disorders content in the text.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
- PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND CLINICAL JUDGMENT IN CLIENT MANAGEMENT
- SELECTED NURSING DIAGNOSES, INTERVENTIONS, RATIONALES, AND DOCUMENTATION
- NURSING CARE OF THE CLIENT HAVING SURGERY
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN RESPIRATORY FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN CARDIOVASCULAR FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN NEUROLOGICAL FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN HEMATOLOGIC AND IMMUNE FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN METABOLIC FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN THE GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN THE LIVER, BILIARY TRACT, AND PANCREAS
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN THE KIDNEY AND URINARY TRACT
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN MUSCULOSKELETAL FUNCTION
- THE CLIENT WITH ALTERATIONS IN THE BREAST AND REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
- THE CLIENT RECEIVING TREATMENT FOR NEOPLASTIC DISORDERS
- NURSING CARE OF THE ELDERLY CLIENT
- END-OF-LIFE NURSING CARE
Airway Clearance, Ineffective
Aspiration, Risk for
Breathing Pattern, Ineffective
Cardiac Output, Decreased
Comfort, Readiness for Enhanced NEW!
Confusion, Acute, Risk for NEW!
Contamination/Contamination, Risk for NEW!
Decision-Making, Readiness for Enhanced NEW!
Falls, Risk for/Injury Risk for NEW!
Fluid Volume, Deficient
Fluid Volume, Excess
Gas Exchange, Impaired
Glucose Level, Risk for Unstable NEW!
Health Behavior, Risk-Prone NEW!
Infection, Risk for
Mobility, Impaired Physical
Nutrition, Imbalanced: Less Than Body Requirements
Oral Mucous Membrane, Impaired
Self-Care, Readiness for Enhanced NEW!
Skin Integrity, Impaired, Risk for
Sleep Pattern, Disturbed
Tissue Perfusion, Ineffective
Intravenous Conscious Sedation NEW!
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Mechanical Ventilation NEW!
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
Deep Vein Thrombosis/Thromboembolism
Heart Surgery: Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) or Valve Replacement
Alzheimer’s Disease NEW!
Parkinson’s Disease NEW!
Spinal Cord Injury
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Abdominal Trauma NEW!
Bowel Diversion: Ileostomy
Enteral Nutrition NEW!
Gastric Reduction/Bariatric Surgery
Gastrointestinal (GI) Bleed, Acute
Intestinal Obstruction/Bowel Resection
Total Parenteral Nutrition NEW!
Upper Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease
Bladder Neck Suspension (Vesicourethral Suspension)
Cystectomy with Urinary Diversion
Renal Failure (Acute and Chronic)
Fractured Hip with Internal Fixation or Prosthesis Insertion
Laminectomy/Diskectomy With or Without Fusion
Total Joint Arthroplasty
Colporrhaphy (Anterior and Posterior Repair)
Hysterectomy With Salpingectomy and Oophorectomy
Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
External Radiation Therapy (Teletherapy)
Internal Radiation Therapy (Brachytherapy) NEW!
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Part of my difficulty comes from the way this book is displayed by the nook program on PC and Ipad mini, part of my problem is with the book itself. Much of the book is displayed in "charts" rather than text. So the nook settings do not change the size of text in those charts (which appear illegible on a 17" laptop, a new Samsung note 4, and an ipad mini), on the mini, this forces you to click the chart to read the text. The program then crashes frequently. On the PC, there appears to be no way to make the charts legible (rendering the book completely useless. The book itself, in my opinion, is not set of for easy use. I can't for the life of me figure out why a book about nursing care plans would NOT be organized by NANDAs. It would be the easiest thing in the world to have a table of contents or index that lists all of the included Nursing Diagnoses, broken down into the traditional domains (health promotion, nutrition, elimination and echange, etc. and then alphabetized within those categories). Instead, they are broken down by arbitrary assumptions. For example, if you want to find Risk for Falls. Or less logically, "Ineffective self-health management" is under "Client with alterations in respiratory function"?... why not organize by NANDA? I've never been bothered by the fact that you can't get your money back for a nook book until now. If I could read the charts, this book would be clunky and hard to use... as I can't read the charts, this is completely useless!