- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Excel in the USMLE Step 2CS exam with this outstanding review book by the best-selling author of Textbook of Physical Diagnosis: History and Examination, which the New England Journal of Medicine has called "the most accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive textbook of physical diagnosis available today." With detailed scenarios and an emphasis on the do's and don'ts of the exam, this review is just what you need to be fully prepared for USMLE Step 2CS. Also includes a section on American styles and traditions, as well as 30 practice cases.
• Be thoroughly prepared with 30 clinical cases covering all the major scenarios you're likely to see on the exam.
• Become comfortable with how the exam is administered using this detailed overview.
• Hone your communication skills for this important aspect of the exam.
• Focus on the critical information you need to learn for each case with sample checklists based on the patient's chief complaint.
• Deepen your understanding of the material using references to the acclaimed Textbook of Physical Diagnosis.
Section I: THE BASICS OF THE STEP 2-CS EXAMINATION
1. Background information
2. What are Standardized Patients?
3. Purpose of the Step 2-CS
4. Examination Length
5. Examination Format
6. Eligibility for Step 2-CS
7. Registration for Step 2-CS
8. Fees for Step 2-CS
9. Location of Regional Clinical Skills Evaluation Centers
10. Scoring of Step 2-CS
11. Score Reporting
12. On Your Exam Day
13. Description of the Examination Center
14. Other Important Information About the Examination
15. Suggested Time Management
16. Types of Examination Cases
17. The Patient Encounter
18. Announcements During the Examination
19. The Patient Note
20. Important Web Sites
Section II: COMMUNICATION SKILLS
21. General Principles
22. Conducting the Interview
23. Basic Interviewing Techniques
24. Format of the History
25. After the History – Before the Physical Examination
26. Specific Patient Challenges
27. In Summary
Section III: AS AMERICAN AS APPLE PIE
Section IV: 30 PRACTICE CASES
Case 1: Headache in a 34-year old man
Case 2: Vomiting in a 2-year old child
Case 3: Shortness of Breath in a 57-year old woman
Case 30: ...