- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
1. The Great Stock Market Scam.
2. Five Lessons from the Great Stock Market Scam.
3. Broken by Your Broker? Here's How to Get Money Back.
4. Safety and Yield Are Your Best Escape.
5. Profits Are Your Best Revenge.
6. Investing in Individual Stocks?
7. Protect Your Wealth!
8. The Great Insurance Cover-Up.
9. What You Need to Know about Life Insurance.
10. Annuities—The Pros and Cons.
11. The Case against Tax-Exempt Bonds.
12. Health Insurance Decision for Seniors: HMO or Medigap?
13. What about Your Long-Term Care? Do You Need Insurance? WhatKind? When? How Much?
14. "Help! This Is the First Time I've Had to Make My OwnInvestment Decisions! What Do I Do?"
Appendix A: Risk Self-Test.
Appendix B: How to Avoid a Broker That Will Break You, and FindOne That Can Truly Help You.
Appendix C: Investment Watchdog Agencies.
Appendix D: Other Resources for Investors.
Appendix E: Medicare, Medigap, and Long-Term Care: Piecing thePuzzle Together.
Appendix F: Long-Term-Care Planner.
Appendix G: Helpful Organizations, Publications, andPrograms.
Posted December 28, 2002
Aimed at investors over 50 years of age, this book is filled with conservative advice for everyone. This is not your typical investment book, as it issues warnings and caveats for investors. In light of recent events, the author's warnings should be taken seriously. The savings and loan debacle, the collapse of several insurance companies, and recent corporate bankruptcies (Enron, World Com etc) demonstrate the world has not been safe for investors. The author's position is that the investment world has many dangerous offerings for the investor who does not do careful research.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.