- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
* Choosing profitable investments
* Getting unbiased professional advice
* Avoiding Insurance, Brokerage, and other scams
Protect Your Wealth and Well-Being Now and for Years to Come
In light of the new risks our country and our economy are facing, entering your fifties with an effective financial and personal plan for your future is now more crucial than ever-to make sure you can truly enjoy your golden years. The Ultimate Safe Money Guide was especially designed to help you map out your plan in this new environment, so that you can stop worrying about your money and just enjoy life.
Step by step, Martin Weiss-an expert in financial ratings and consumer protection-introduces, explains, and helps solve many of the new challenges and risks that face millions of Americans over fifty, including how to find:
* Truly profitable investments with the least risk
* Protection against investment losses
* The worst and best insurance policies and annuities
* The best health insurance solution for you
* The right plan for your long-term health care
The Ultimate Safe Money Guide is an important source of information for anyone planning for a secure future during their fifties and beyond. Expert advice and proven guidance will prepare you for this critical juncture in your life at a critical time in our history, putting you on the road to a satisfying retirement, where you are always firmly in control.
1. The Great Stock Market Scam.
2. Five Lessons from the Great Stock Market Scam.
3. Broken by Your Broker? Here's How to Get Money Back.
4. Safety and Yield Are Your Best Escape.
5. Profits Are Your Best Revenge.
6. Investing in Individual Stocks?
7. Protect Your Wealth!
8. The Great Insurance Cover-Up.
9. What You Need to Know about Life Insurance.
10. Annuities—The Pros and Cons.
11. The Case against Tax-Exempt Bonds.
12. Health Insurance Decision for Seniors: HMO or Medigap?
13. What about Your Long-Term Care? Do You Need Insurance? What Kind? When? How Much?
14. "Help! This Is the First Time I've Had to Make My Own Investment Decisions! What Do I Do?"
Appendix A: Risk Self-Test.
Appendix B: How to Avoid a Broker That Will Break You, and Find One That Can Truly Help You.
Appendix C: Investment Watchdog Agencies.
Appendix D: Other Resources for Investors.
Appendix E: Medicare, Medigap, and Long-Term Care: Piecing the Puzzle Together.
Appendix F: Long-Term-Care Planner.
Appendix G: Helpful Organizations, Publications, and Programs.
Posted December 28, 2002
Aimed at investors over 50 years of age, this book is filled with conservative advice for everyone. This is not your typical investment book, as it issues warnings and caveats for investors. In light of recent events, the author's warnings should be taken seriously. The savings and loan debacle, the collapse of several insurance companies, and recent corporate bankruptcies (Enron, World Com etc) demonstrate the world has not been safe for investors. The author's position is that the investment world has many dangerous offerings for the investor who does not do careful research.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.