Underground Guide to Windows 95: Slightly Askew Advice from a Windows Wizardby Scot Finnie
Microsoft® would have you believe that Windows® 95 is your computing destiny. The unfortunate part is, they could be right. To paraphrase Willy, better to arm yourself against a sea of troubles. Because otherwise dark and murky things like Plug and Play, the System Registry, Installation, and a vast array of new buttons, knobs, slider bars, and check boxes are going to confound you with their supreme intuitiveness. Windows expert Scot Finnie cuts a trail through the heart of darknesshacking through the undergrowth, unearthing buried treasure, and placing the machete, Bowie knife, and full survival kit in your hands so you'll get the best of Windows 95 instead of the other way around. Learn how to:
- make Win95 drive you out on the Net
- master the interface and file system, and redefine the way Win95 works
- create the ideal mobile computing environment
- conquer the unfathomable Windows 95 setup process
- performance tune and troubleshoot the beast
- customize it to your own specs
- transform it into a network or a network client
- and that's just for starters!
Every page has something you can use immediately. This book is packed wall to wall with advice, warnings, tips, bug reports, workarounds, and the kind of nitty-gritty explanations that could come only from someone who eats, sleeps, and breathes Windows.
Series Editor Woody Leonhard and Addison-Wesley are proud to bring you the Underground Guidesfun books for serious computer users.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews