- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Understanding Aesthetics bridges the gap between the study of design and aesthetics and the needs of the merchandising and design professional. In this illustrated text, the authors present sophisticated concepts from the field of aesthetics and design in a conversational style that is clear and easy to understand. By mastering the principles underlying successful design, the reader learns how products and their promotional surroundings can create a pleasing environment. An 8-page, 4-color insert demonstrates the relationship of colours and their influence upon design.
• A Primer on Aesthetics - Defining Aesthetic Experience - Apparel, Body and Environment as Contributors to Aesthetic Experience - Value Derived from Products and Environments - Factors Influencing Aesthetic Evaluation or Preference
• Elements and Principles of Design of the Apparel Product and Environment - Visual Elements of Design - Visual and Tactile Elements of Design - Auditory and Olfactory Elements of Design - Complexity, Order and Novelty - Principles of Design
• Aesthetics Related Skills and the Apparel Profession - Creative Activities and Skills - Developers and Promoters of Textiles and Apparel Products
• Application of Aesthetics Related Skills and the Apparel Profession - Perceiving Form: The Body and Apparel - Abstracting Across Products within Collections - Fashion Trend Forecasting - Communications to Promote Apparel TEXT FEATURES
• Instructor's Guide provides sample course outlines, exercises, projects and tests, as well as recommended teaching techniques for applications