Dyslexia is a sensitive issue that can be difficult to identify and understand, and even trickier to cope with - but it needn’t be something you or your child have to go through alone. Suitable for anxious parents, curious youngsters and adult sufferers alike, this book offers friendly, down-to-earth advice on recognising the signs and symptoms of dyslexia and understanding the best management methods and avenues of support.
Understanding & Managing Dyslexia For Dummies covers:
- Figuring Out What Dyslexia Is All About
- Determining When to Get a Diagnosis
- Exploring Your Options for Schools and Programmes
- Taking Part in Your Child’s Teaching Programme
- Moving Beyond the Childhood Years
About the author
Katrina Cochrane began working for Dyslexia Action in 1999 and now delivers courses in dyslexia training and assesses and teaches both children and adults with dyslexia.
Tracey Wood is a children’s reading specialist, and the author of several For Dummies books. She has a Masters Degree in Education.