Understanding Children's Drawings / Edition 1by Cathy A. Malchiodi, Eliana Gil
Pub. Date: 07/30/1998
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Illustrated with over 100 children's drawings, this practical resource demonstrates how any-one who works with children can broaden and enhance their work with young people by integrating drawing into therapy. Topics covered include how to assist children in making art, what questions to ask and when, and how to motivate children who are initially resistant to drawing.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
1. A Historical Perspective on Children's Drawings
2. Children's Drawings in Context
3. Working with Children and Their Drawings
4. Developmental Aspects of Children's Drawings
5. Emotional Content of Children's Drawings
6. Interpersonal Aspects of Children's Drawings
7. Somatic and Spiritual Aspects of Children's Drawings
8. Ethical Considerations and Children's Drawings
Appendix: Materials and Resources
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews