Understanding Developments in Cyberspace Law, 2013 ed.: Leading Lawyers on Analyzing Recent Trends, Case Law, and Legal Strategies Affecting the Internet Landscape (Inside the Minds)by Multiple Authors
Understanding Developments in Cyberspace Law is an authoritative, insider's perspective on the latest changes in regulations affecting Internet users. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the latest cases and regulations and highlight the role lawyers can play in helping clients navigate the new… See more details below
Understanding Developments in Cyberspace Law is an authoritative, insider's perspective on the latest changes in regulations affecting Internet users. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the latest cases and regulations and highlight the role lawyers can play in helping clients navigate the new environment. These top lawyers examine elements of law as they apply to online activity, such as patents and copyrights, trolling, and privacy concerns, and discuss how these key issues affect today's clients. From managing risk assessment for online intellectual property to developing appropriate security policies, these authors guide the reader through the latest tactics for handling Internet legal issues. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to success in this rapidly changing practice area.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Douglas H. Goldhush, Partner, Squire Sanders LLP - "Recent and Upcoming Cyberlaw Issues Impacting E-Commerce Clients"
2. Kathryn L. Ossian, Principal and Chair, Information Technology & Cyberlaw Section, Miller Canfield Paddock and Stone PLC - "Protecting Sensitive Information in Cyberspace: Recent Trends and Recommended Strategies"
3. Theodore F. Claypoole, Partner, Womble Carlyle Sandridge and Rice LLP - "Mobile Computing, Biometrics, and Application of Cyberlaw"
4. Jeffrey K. Sherwood, Co-Leader, Intellectual Property Practice, Dickstein Shapiro LLP - "Impact of Cyberspace Law on Patent Eligibility, Infringement, and Personal Jurisdiction"
5. Daniel Schnapp, Partner and Chair, New Media, Entertainment, and Technology Group, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP - "Legal Implications of Cloud-Based Distribution and Consumption of Entertainment Content"
6. Colleen Bal, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati PC - "Cyberspace Law and Class Action Litigation"
7. Jonathan Bishop, Principal Researcher, Centre for Research into Online Communities and E-Learning Systems - "Internet Trolling and Other Cyberlaw Issues in the UK and the International Arena"
- Thomson Reuters Westlaw; Aspatore
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.40(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >