- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Learn how to evaluate and apply research with the #1 nursing research book! Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice is known for its authoritative content, a time-tested step-by-step approach, and abundant use of research examples. With improved clarity and readability, the new edition strengthens its focus on evidence-based practice to better demonstrate how the steps of the research process relate to evidence-based nursing. Written by two of the leaders in the field of nursing research, Nancy Burns and Susan K. Grove, this full-color text offers unique insights into understanding, appraising, and applying published research to evidence-based practice.
• Authoritative content is written by two of the true pioneers in nursing research, who offer unique, first-hand insights into the field.
• Research examples provide practice in working with published studies, with many of the examples including Critical Appraisal and Implications for Practice sections.
• A clear, step-by-step organization introduces the research process and demonstrates how this systematic framework relates to evidence-based practice.
• An expanded emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you develop skills in studying and appraising published research, so you are prepared for your role in working with research evidence.
• Enhanced coverage of qualitative research allows prepares you to approach research questions and clinical questions with an unbiased view of the researcher's methodology.
• Two different appraisal processes are included:
• A traditional in-depth critical appraisal process prepares you for graduate-level work in research.
• A concise, practice-focused research appraisal process equips you for quick and accurate evaluation of the applicability of research findings to clinical practice.
• Updated research examples prepare you for evidence-based practice by using the physiologic conditions and hospitalized patients seen in clinicals.
Posted September 27, 2010
This book had I everything I needed to know about nursing research. It made the class very easy for me as all the facts were there to enable me to write very polished papers.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted September 6, 2011
No text was provided for this review.