Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice / Edition 5by Nancy Burns, Susan K. Grove
Learn how to evaluate and apply research with the #1 nursing research book! Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice is known for its authoritative content, a time-tested step-by-step approach, and abundant use of research examples. With improved clarity and readability, the new edition strengthens its focus on evidence-based/b>… See more details below
Learn how to evaluate and apply research with the #1 nursing research book! Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice is known for its authoritative content, a time-tested step-by-step approach, and abundant use of research examples. With improved clarity and readability, the new edition strengthens its focus on evidence-based practice to better demonstrate how the steps of the research process relate to evidence-based nursing. Written by two of the leaders in the field of nursing research, Nancy Burns and Susan K. Grove, this full-color text offers unique insights into understanding, appraising, and applying published research to evidence-based practice.
- Authoritative content is written by two of the true pioneers in nursing research, who offer unique, first-hand insights into the field.
- Research examples provide practice in working with published studies, with many of the examples including Critical Appraisal and Implications for Practice sections.
- A clear, step-by-step organization introduces the research process and demonstrates how this systematic framework relates to evidence-based practice.
- An expanded emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you develop skills in studying and appraising published research, so you are prepared for your role in working with research evidence.
- Enhanced coverage of qualitative research allows prepares you to approach research questions and clinical questions with an unbiased view of the researcher's methodology.
- Two different appraisal processes are included:
- A traditional in-depth critical appraisal process prepares you for graduate-level work in research.
- A concise, practice-focused research appraisal process equips you for quick and accurate evaluation of the applicability of research findings to clinical practice.
- Updated research examples prepare you for evidence-based practice by using the physiologic conditions and hospitalized patients seen in clinicals.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Introduction to the Quantitative Research Process
- Introduction to the Qualitative Research Process
- Examining Ethics in Research
- Research Problems, Purposes, and Hypotheses
- Understanding the Literature Review in Published Studies
- Understanding Theory and Research Frameworks
- Clarifying Quantitative Research Designs
- Examining Populations and Samples in Research
- Clarifying Measurement and Data Collection in Quantitative Research
- Understanding Statistics in Research
- Critical Appraisal of Quantitative and Qualitative Research for Nursing Practice
- Building an Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
- Introduction to Outcomes Research
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >