- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Using clear and concise language, this third edition includes extensively revised content to reflect the most current literature and clinical studies. Practical and comprehensive, it explains each step in the nursing research process and helps students read, summarize, critique, and use findings in clinical practice. An introduction to interventions research has been added, information and examples on qualitative research have been expanded, and an introduction to the concept of evidence-based practice, a hot topic in the field of nursing, has been added.
• The clear, consistent, and direct writing style facilitates student learning.
• An outline, objectives, and relevant terms presented at the beginning of each chapter help readers focus on important concepts and definitions.
• Quoted material from the latest research journals is set in a shaded colored box, providing readers with numerous examples of actual research articles.
• Helpful points and questions on conducting a critique of a research report or study are featured in color to prepare students to think critically.
• Chapter summaries present a concise overview at the end of each chapter.
• An extensive glossary defines relevant terms used in the text.
• An expanded discussion of qualitative research provides more current and relevant detail with updated examples to support the information.
• The Review of Literature chapter has been thoroughly revised to present research articles and discussions to introduce students to the use of current technology for information retrieval.
• An expanded discussion of outcomes research throughout the book introduces students to this cutting-edge methodology.
• A basic introduction to intervention research presents this difficult topic in easy-to-understand language and prepares students for graduate studies.
• An introduction to the use of research in developing best practices and clinical guidelines directs the student to the importance of these concepts in the nursing profession and the potential impact on patient and family outcomes.
• A discussion of evidence-based practice provides a strong knowledge of this hot topic in the field of nursing.
The book contains predominantly black-and-white illustrations, with some two-color illustrations.
|1||Discovering Nursing Research||1|
|2||Introduction to the Quantitative Research Process||21|
|3||Research Problems, Purposes, and Hypotheses||64|
|4||Review of Literature||103|
|5||Understanding Theory and Research Frameworks||128|
|6||Examining Ethics in Nursing Research||151|
|7||Clarifying Research Designs||184|
|8||Populations and Samples||224|
|9||Measurement and Data Collection in Research||249|
|10||Understanding Statistics in Research||292|
|11||Introduction to Qualitative Research||337|
|12||Critiquing Nursing Studies||378|
|13||Using Research in Nursing Practice||418|