Understanding Pathophysiology / Edition 4by Sue E. Huether, Kathryn L. McCance
Learn the essential concepts of pathophysiology and stay up to date on treatments, manifestations, and mechanisms of disease with Understanding Pathophysiology, 5th Edition. Filled with vibrant illustrations and complemented by online resources that bring pathophysiology concepts to life, this easy-to-read text delivers the latest, most accurate/b>/sup>… See more details below
Learn the essential concepts of pathophysiology and stay up to date on treatments, manifestations, and mechanisms of disease with Understanding Pathophysiology, 5th Edition. Filled with vibrant illustrations and complemented by online resources that bring pathophysiology concepts to life, this easy-to-read text delivers the latest, most accurate information on the disease process across the lifespan, giving you the fundamental knowledge you need to move forward in your nursing education.
- Consistent presentation helps you better distinguish pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment for each disease.
- More than 1,000 high-quality illustrations vividly depict clinical manifestations and cellular mechanisms underlying diseases.
- Lifespan coverage details age-specific conditions affecting pediatric, adult, and aging patients in great depth.
- Algorithms throughout the text clarify disease progression.
- Risk Factor boxes alert you to important safety considerations associated with specific diseases.
- Health Alert boxes highlight new developments in biologic research, diagnostic studies, preventive care, treatments, and more.
- Quick Check boxes test your retention of important chapter concepts.
- Did You Understand? sections provide fast, efficient review of chapter content.
- Chapter outlines help you find specific information with ease.
- Chapter introductions explain why chapter content is important and how it fits into a broader health care context.
- Key terms are bolded throughout the text for fast, easy reference.
- Glossary of selected terms familiarizes you with the most difficult or important terminology.
- Companion Evolve website provides convenient online access to animations, review questions, key terms matching exercises, and more.
- NEW! Extensively updated content reflects the latest clinical findings and research across the full spectrum of pathophysiology.
- NEW! Hundreds of new and enhanced full-color illustrations clarify anatomy and physiologic concepts.
- NEW! 30 new animations on the companion Evolve website reinforce your understanding of complex processes.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.20(h) x 1.80(d)
Table of Contents
|Introduction to Pathophysiology|
|2||Genes and Genetic Diseases||37|
|3||Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology||65|
|4||Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases||105|
|7||Hypersensitivities, Infection, and Immunodeficiencies||181|
|8||Stress and Disease||221|
|9||Biology of Cancer||237|
|10||Tumor Spread and Treatment||269|
|11||Cancer in Children||287|
|12||Structure and Function of the Neurologic System||295|
|13||Pain, Temperature, Sleep, and Sensory Function||329|
|14||Concepts of Neurologic Dysfunction||355|
|15||Alterations of Neurologic Function||391|
|16||Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children||429|
|17||Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation||449|
|18||Alterations of Hormonal Regulation||473|
|19||Structure and Function of the Hematologic System||507|
|20||Alterations of Hematologic Function||537|
|21||Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children||537|
|22||Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems||597|
|23||Alterations of Cardiovascular Function||639|
|24||Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children||709|
|25||Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System||729|
|26||Alterations of Pulmonary Function||751|
|27||Alterations of Pulmonary Function in Children||787|
|28||Structure and Function of the Renal and Urologic Systems||807|
|29||Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function||825|
|30||Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function in Children||849|
|31||Structure and Function of the Reproductive Systems||861|
|32||Alterations of the Reproductive Systems: Including Sexually Transmitted Infections||889|
|33||Structure and Function of the Digestive System||955|
|34||Alterations of Diggestive Function||981|
|35||Alterations of Digestive Function in Children||1027|
|36||Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System||1047|
|37||Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function||1071|
|38||Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function in Children||1117|
|39||Structure, Function, and Disorders of the Integument||1133|
|40||Aloterations of the Integument in Children||1169|
|App: Most Common Laboratory Values||1183|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >