- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This easy-to-read textbook provides you with the basic concepts of pathophysiology and the processes of specific diseases with the most accurate, up-to-date information on the treatments, manifestations, and mechanisms of disease. Understanding Pathophysiology, 4th Edition offers complete coverage in clear and concise detail with extensive full-color illustrations to make learning pathophysiology easy.
• Consistent presentation of each disease includes pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment to make remembering and learning information easier.
• Extensive collection of 900 photographs and illustrations vividly illustrate normal anatomy and physiology, cellular mechanisms, disease processes, and clinical manifestations of disease.
• UNIQUE! Health Alert boxes discuss a broad range of topics from new research, diagnostic studies, preventative care, and more.
• UNIQUE! Quick Check questions at the end of major sections promote critical thinking to help you apply your knowledge to real-life situations.
• UNIQUE! Risk Factor boxes illustrate the risk factors associated with specific diseases.
• Pediatric content presented in nine separate chapters provides thorough coverage of how various disease processes specifically affect children.
• Special headings highlight aging content within adult chapters to help you address the specialized needs of older patients.
• Did you Understand? end-of-chapter summaries help you review the major concepts presented in each chapter.
• Disease pathways throughout illustrate normal and compensatory physiology and pathophysiology.
• Includes extensively updated content based on the most current research available.
• Approximately 200 new full-color drawings, as well as hundreds of improved illustrations, clarify concepts to make content more easily understandable.
• Over 50 new Health Alert boxes present the most current research available.
• Electronic Resources listed at the beginning of each chapter direct you to additional materials on the companion CD and Evolve site.
• A glossary of over 850 terms helps you learn the often-difficult terminology related to pathophysiology.
The book contains both black-and-white and two-color illustrations.
"It explains basic celluar biology, genetics and the immune response in health, before disucssing how these can be altered in disease..The text is well written and it is clear that the authors aim to make difficult concepts readily understandable. Extensive high-quality artwork complements he text and the images illstrating disease descriptions help the reader to visualise the information...there is excellent information on 'lifespan alterations', with a particular focus on paediatrics and ageing.The extensive online materials on the associated Evolve website look fantastic, with useful review questions, animations, critical thinking questions and weblinks. Overall, this an exceptional resource that I would recommend highly to all those with an interest in pathophysiology."
Nursing Standard, August 2012
|Introduction to Pathophysiology|
|2||Genes and Genetic Diseases||37|
|3||Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology||65|
|4||Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases||105|
|7||Hypersensitivities, Infection, and Immunodeficiencies||181|
|8||Stress and Disease||221|
|9||Biology of Cancer||237|
|10||Tumor Spread and Treatment||269|
|11||Cancer in Children||287|
|12||Structure and Function of the Neurologic System||295|
|13||Pain, Temperature, Sleep, and Sensory Function||329|
|14||Concepts of Neurologic Dysfunction||355|
|15||Alterations of Neurologic Function||391|
|16||Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children||429|
|17||Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation||449|
|18||Alterations of Hormonal Regulation||473|
|19||Structure and Function of the Hematologic System||507|
|20||Alterations of Hematologic Function||537|
|21||Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children||537|
|22||Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems||597|
|23||Alterations of Cardiovascular Function||639|
|24||Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children||709|
|25||Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System||729|
|26||Alterations of Pulmonary Function||751|
|27||Alterations of Pulmonary Function in Children||787|
|28||Structure and Function of the Renal and Urologic Systems||807|
|29||Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function||825|
|30||Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function in Children||849|
|31||Structure and Function of the Reproductive Systems||861|
|32||Alterations of the Reproductive Systems: Including Sexually Transmitted Infections||889|
|33||Structure and Function of the Digestive System||955|
|34||Alterations of Diggestive Function||981|
|35||Alterations of Digestive Function in Children||1027|
|36||Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System||1047|
|37||Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function||1071|
|38||Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function in Children||1117|
|39||Structure, Function, and Disorders of the Integument||1133|
|40||Aloterations of the Integument in Children||1169|
|App: Most Common Laboratory Values||1183|
Posted September 20, 2004