Understanding Pediatric Heart Sounds - Text & CD Package / Edition 2by Steven Lehrer
Pub. Date: 10/25/2002
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This unique book/CD package includes all the information needed to become proficient at pediatric cardiac auscultation - including an overview of cardiac anatomy and physiology, principles of cardiac auscultation, the pediatric cardiac exam, and explanations of normal and abnormal heart sounds, with sound tracings and anatomic illustrations. The audio CD features normal and abnormal heart sounds with descriptive narration that identifies differences and important observations.
- Audio examples of pediatric heart murmurs are included to illustrate and reinforce textual descriptions of normal and abnormal sounds.
- The proper techniques and areas for auscultation are described to ensure clear reception of heart sounds.
- Physical examination of the child with heart disease is covered to assist with proper identification of heart sounds.
- A comprehensive overview of normal cardiac anatomy, physiology, and heart sounds is provided as a basis for understanding abnormal sounds.
- Cardiac sounds associated with abnormal and surgically corrected heart conditions are described to assist with correct diagnosis.
- The audio cassette from the first edition has been updated to a digital CD to allow for clearer reproduction of heart sounds.
- A new sound sample has been introduced on the CD for the most complete collection of commonly encountered pediatric heart murmurs.
- Content has been updated on genetic conditions such as Marfan's, Ehlers-Danlos, Williams', and cardiovelofacial syndromes - for a more comprehensive overview of related cardiac anomalies.
- Updated information is included on cardiac surgical repairs to assist in identifying corresponding heart sounds.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.58(w) x 11.26(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of ContentsContents — Book
1. The Heart as a Pump
2. Sound, Hearing, and the Stethoscope
3. History and Physical Examination of the Child with Heart Disease
4. Phonocardiagraphy and the Recording of External Pulses
5. Auscultation Areas
6. The First Heart Sound (S1)
7. The Second Heart Sound (S2)
8. The Third and Fourth Heart Sounds (S3 and S4)
9. Other Systolic and Diastolic Sounds
10. General Characteristics of Murmurs
11. Systolic Murmurs
12. Diastolic Murmurs
13. Continuous Murmurs
14. Surgically Created Shunts and Prosthetic Valves
15. Complex Anomalies
Contents — Audio CD
2. First and second heart sounds, S1 and S2
3. Third heart sound, S3
4. Fourth heart sound, S4
5. Quadruple rhythm
6. Summation gallop
7. Systolic ejection sound
8. Midsystolic click
9. Still's murmur
10. Murmur of mitral regurgitation
11. Murmur of tricuspid regurgitation
12. Murmur of aortic stenosis
13. Murmur of pulmonic stenosis
14. Murmur of aortic regurgitation
15. Murmur of patient ductus arteriosus
16. Cervical venous hum
17. Murmur of a Blalock-Taussig shunt
18. Murmur of a ventricular septal defect
19. Murmur of atrial septal defect
20. Late systolic whoop
21. Pericardial friction rub
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >