Understanding Pharmacology for Health Professionals / Edition 3by Susan M. Turley
Pub. Date: 01/28/2003
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Providing a complete overview of pharmacology, this resource presents a comprehensive framework for drug recognition and drug usage. Arranged by medical specialty or drug category, it covers all of the "need-to-know" essentials from the history of drugs and the drug approval process to prescription and over-the-counter trade name and generic drugs for every body… See more details below
Providing a complete overview of pharmacology, this resource presents a comprehensive framework for drug recognition and drug usage. Arranged by medical specialty or drug category, it covers all of the "need-to-know" essentials from the history of drugs and the drug approval process to prescription and over-the-counter trade name and generic drugs for every body system. Revised and updated, the third edition includes the most current drugs and drug information. NEW TO THE THIRD EDITION:
- Corresponding Companion Website that features drug updates and discussions of current healthcare issues, as well as study guide exercises, www.prenhall.com/turley
- Focus on healthcare issues encountered on a clay-to-day basis.
- Drug forms and dosages for all listed drugs are included in the Glossary/Index. Pronunciation guide is now included in the Glossary/Index.
- Clinical scenarios from real medical case histories are included, accompanied by questions and exercises.
- Handwritten prescriptions allow students to interpret actual written prescription.
- Covers the broad spectrum of diverse yet interrelated topics that affect pharmacology, Such as botany, molecular chemistry, research, clinical observation, toxicology. Legislation, and patient education.
- Presents competency-based learning objectives and correlated review questions.
- Includes end-of-chapter questions, spelling tips and the insights provided by correct spellings, historical notes, and Did You Know boxes.
- Includes photographs and line drawings for visual comprehension and reinforcement.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.00(w) x 9.96(h) x 1.19(d)
Table of Contents
|List of Figures|
|About the Author|
|Ch. 1||Introduction to Pharmacology||1|
|Ch. 2||The History of Drugs: An Overview||5|
|Ch. 3||Drug Legislation||12|
|Ch. 4||Drug Design, Testing, Manufacturing, and Marketing||21|
|Ch. 5||Drug Forms and Routes of Administration||33|
|Ch. 6||Steps in the Drug Cycle||45|
|Ch. 7||Drug Effects||50|
|Ch. 8||Drug Terminology||60|
|Ch. 9||Systems of Measurement||68|
|Ch. 10||The Prescription||74|
|Ch. 11||Dermatologic Drugs||82|
|Ch. 12||Urinary Tract Drugs||102|
|Ch. 13||Gastrointestinal Drugs||115|
|Ch. 14||Musculoskeletal Drugs||137|
|Ch. 15||Cardiovascular Drugs||150|
|Ch. 16||Emergency Drugs||178|
|Ch. 17||Anticoagulant and Thrombolytic Drugs||185|
|Ch. 18||Pulmonary Drugs||192|
|Ch. 19||Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) Drugs||205|
|Ch. 20||Ophthalmic Drugs||217|
|Ch. 21||Endocrine Drugs||228|
|Ch. 22||Antidiabetic Drugs||236|
|Ch. 23||Obstetric/Gynecologic Drugs||243|
|Ch. 24||Neurological Drugs||262|
|Ch. 25||Psychiatric Drugs||279|
|Ch. 26||Analgesic Drugs||296|
|Ch. 27||Anti-infective Drugs||311|
|Ch. 28||AIDS Drugs ad Antiviral Drugs||323|
|Ch. 29||Antifungal Drugs||334|
|Ch. 30||Chemotherapy Drugs||337|
|Ch. 32||Intravenous Fluids and Blood Products||373|
|Glossary and Index||387|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >