Understanding Supreme Court Opinions / Edition 3by Tyll R. van Geel
Pub. Date: 06/01/2001
van Geel, Tyll R., Understanding Supreme Court Opinions, Third Edition*\ The Third Edition is thoroughly updated, taking into account new developments in constitutional law and scholarship. Going beyond the reading and interpretation of Supreme Court opinions, this practical book addresses the legal reasoning that comprises the written opinions themselves, giving readers a deeper understanding of how to read and interpret the decisions of our highest court. For those interested in Supreme Court and constitutional laws.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
1. The Supreme Court: Policy Maker and Teacher.
2. The Constitution in a Nutshell.
3. Opinion Writing in the Supreme Court.
4. The Legal Materials Used in Building a Constitutional Opinion.
5. Tests, or Standards of Review.
7. Strategies of Justification.
8. Understanding a Supreme Court Opinion.
Table of Cases.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >