- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing 1e
Kathleen Ouimet Perrin
This brief introduction to Critical Care Nursing provides core information essential for the novice critical care nurse to understand, whether that novice is a student or a new graduate. The problems presented are based on the likelihood that a novice critical care nurse will encounter them. Recommended practices rely on evidence-based findings for collaborative and nursing practice.
· Visual Maps: Each chapter includes visual maps to illustrate the relationships among the disease states, collaborative interventions, and outcomes.
· Commonly Used Medications: Medications most often prescribed for the conditions addressed in the chapter are highlighted.
· Safety Initiatives: These boxes highlight specific safety initiatives important for the nurse to understand.
· Gerontological Considerations: Many patients in critical care settings are older adults; this essential information will enhance the effectiveness of critical care nurses.
· Nursing Diagnoses: NANDA Nursing Diagnoses are suggested for the disorders and diseases presented
· Case Study: A case study of a realistic patient scenario illustrates the chapter content and provides an example of collaborative and nursing management.
COMPANION WEBSITE (www.prenhall.com/perrin) Open access for students and faculty, offering NCLEX review, nursing care plans, student activities, additional resources, and much more.
ONLINE COURSE MANAGEMENT CARTRIDGES Pearson’s online course management solutions feature interactive modules, student activities, NCLEX review questions, instructors’ resources, and more. For more information please contact your Pearson Health and Careers Sales Representative or go online to www.prenhall.com/demo.
Pearson Health Sciences
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
chapter 2 Care of the Critically Ill Patient 22
chapter 3 Care of the Patient with Respiratory Failure 47
chapter 4 Interpretation and Management of Basic Dysrhythmias 78
chapter 5 Cardiodynamics and Hemodynamics Regulation 113
chapter 6 Care of the Patient Experiencing Shock or Heart Failure 131
chapter 7 Care of the Patient with Acute Coronary Syndrome 151
chapter 8 Care of the Patient Following a Traumatic Injury 183
chapter 9 Care of the Patient Experiencing an Intracranial Dysfunction 208
chapter10 Care of the Patient with a Cerebral or Cerebrovascular Disorder 239
chapter11 Care of the Critically Ill Patient Experiencing Alcohol Withdrawal and/or Liver Failure 263
chapter12 Care of the Patient with an Acute Gastrointestinal Bleed or Pancreatitis 307
chapter13 Care of the Patient with Endocrine Disorders 336
chapter14 Care of the Patient with Acute Renal Failure 361
chapter15 Care of the Organ Donor and Transplant Recipient 383
chapter16 Care of the Acutely Ill Burn Patient 413
chapter17 Care of the Patient with Sepsis 445
chapter18 Caring for the ICU Patient at the End of Life 468