- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: London, United Kingdom
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Focusing on what it means to be human from a biological perspective, this new title is visually stunning and enjoyable to read. Color micrographs highlight the beauty of structures within the human body, while photographs and paintings emphasize the whole person and transcend the boundaries between art and science. Rather than providing numerous details and describing the human body as a machine, the focus is primarily on key concepts and universal human experiences. This unusual and novel approach is designed to capture readers' imaginations and help them understand in a unique way what it means to be human.
• Full-color illustrations and photographs depict the human body in innovative, artistic, and clinically relevant ways.
• Innovative approach enables readers to understand the whole person in the context of healthcare practice.
• Emphasizes concepts and topics relevant to practice: form and function, homeostasis, genetics and human genome research, and the human experiences of stress, sleep, pain, and growth.
• Explores topics from a biological perspective, stressing that mind and body are inextricably linked in health and illness.
• Contemporary references are cited throughout.
1. Form and function