Understanding Weather and Climate / Edition 5by Edward Aguado, James E. Burt
Pub. Date: 02/27/2009
Publisher: Prentice Hall
- Tutorials, three-dimensional diagrams and animations ease the presentation of difficult-to-visualize material. Topics include: Solar Geometry Atmospheric Moisture The Coriolis Force Wind and Pressure Aloft Global Energy Balance Adiabatic Processes Atmosheric Forces and Motion/li>/li>/li>/li>/li>/li>/li>
- Tutorials, three-dimensional diagrams and animations ease the presentation of difficult-to-visualize material. Topics include: Solar Geometry Atmospheric Moisture The Coriolis Force Wind and Pressure Aloft Global Energy Balance Adiabatic Processes Atmosheric Forces and Motion Cyclones and Anticyclones Weather in Motion movies, depict events and phenomena discussed in the text.
- Weather Images, provide additional illustrations of weather phenomena. These include photographs, satellite images, and computer diagrams that complement the text.
- Media Library provides additional resources for self-guided browsing by the student.
- Student Activities are short interactive exercises. These exercises cover important topics such as hurricanes and earth-sun relations and are prefaced by the Media Enrichment boxes included in the text.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Geos: the Pearson Custom Library for Geography and Geology Series
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.20(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
I. ENERGY AND MASS.
2. Solar Radiation and the Seasons.
3. Energy Balance and Temperature.
II. WATER IN THE ATMOSPHERE.
5. Cloud Development and Forms.
6. Precipitation Processes.
III. DISTRIBUTION AND MOVEMENT OF AIR.
8. Atmospheric Circulation and Pressure Distributions.
9. Air Masses and Fronts.
11. Lightning, Thunder, and Tornadoes.
12. Tropical Storms and Hurricanes.
V. HUMAN ACTIVITIES.
14. Human Effects: Air Pollution and Heat Islands.
VI. CURRENT, PAST AND FUTURE CLIMATES.
16. Climate Changes: Past and Future.
Appendix A: Unit of Measurement and Conversions.
Appendix B: The Standard Atmosphere.
Appendix C: Weather Map Symbols.
Appendix D: Weather Extremes.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >