Mike Geig is both an experienced teacher and game developer, with a foot firmly in both camps. He is currently teaches game design and development at Stark State College and the Cleveland Institute of Art. Mike also works as a screencaster for Unity Technologies and is a member of Unity’s Learn department. His Pearson video, Game Development Essentials with Unity 4 LiveLessons, is a key title on Unity. Mike was once set on fire and has over a million “likes” on Facebook.
Unity Game Development in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourselfby Mike Geig
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Unity Game Development in 24 Hours will help you master the Unity 4 game engine at the heart of Temple Run and many other sizzling-hot mobile games! You’ll learn everything from the absolute basics through sophisticated game physics, animation, and mobile device deployment techniques./i>/i>… See more details below
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Unity Game Development in 24 Hours will help you master the Unity 4 game engine at the heart of Temple Run and many other sizzling-hot mobile games! You’ll learn everything from the absolute basics through sophisticated game physics, animation, and mobile device deployment techniques. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Unity 4 game development tasks.
- Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
- Notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
- Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
- Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
- Create and work with game objects, Unity’s fundamental building blocks
- Work efficiently with Unity’s graphical asset pipeline
- Apply shaders and textures to any 3D object
- Sculpt stunning game worlds with Unity’s terrain and environmental toolsets
- Script tasks ranging from capturing input to building complex behaviors
- Quickly create repeatable, reusable game objects with prefabs
- Implement easy, intuitive game user interfaces
- Create amazing effects with Unity’s new Shuriken particle system
- Leverage the full power of Unity’s new Mecanim animation system
- Integrate ambient 2D/3D audio into your games
- Use mobile device accelerometers and multi-touch displays
- Modify a desktop game for mobile platforms
- Apply the “finishing touches” and deploy your game
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Good as can be.