Unofficial Guide to California with Kidsby Colleen Dunn Bates, Susan LaTempa
The Unofficial Guides are the Consumer Reports of travel guides, offering candid evaluations of their destinations' attractions, hotels, restaurants, shopping, nightlife, sports, and more, all rated and ranked by a team of unbiased inspectors so even the most compulsive planners can be sure they're spending their time and money wisely. Each guide addresses the needs of everyone from families to business travelers, with handy charts that demonstrate how each place stacks up against the competition. Plus, all the details are pulled out so they're extremely easy to scan.
Family vacations are a necessity in today's hectic world, a time for togetherness without all the day-to-day distractions. The Unofficial Guide to California with Kids covers the top family destinations in the Golden State, from Disneyland to San Francisco and Yosemite to the redwoods. Full of activities and creative ways to make learning fun, this guide evaluates all the attractions and activities based on your child's age group and specific interests.
The Unofficial Guide to California with Kids also includes:
- A complete sourcebook for first-time visitors or long-time residents, whether you're planning a day trip, a long weekend, or an entire vacation
- Insider advice on what to look for in lodging, plus detailed information on family-friendly restaurants throughout California
- Complete coverage of California's natural attractions and the best outdoor adventures for families
- Suggestions on where to bike, camp, hike, kayak, snorkel, water ski, and whale-watch, plus the best beaches for children
- Insider advice on how to have big-time fun without spending big-time money.
Meet the Author
LOS ANGELES NATIVE Colleen Dunn Bates is the founder and publisher of Prospect Park Media, a book-publishing company in Pasa dena, California. She is also the author of many books, including Hometown Pasadena: The Insider’s Guide and Storybook Travels: From Eloise’s New York to Harry Potter’s London, Visits to 30 of the Best-Loved Landmarks in Children’s Literature, which she cowrote with Susan LaTempa. She lives in Pasadena with her husband, Darryl Bates, and their two daughters.
CULVER CITY RESIDENT Susan LaTempa wrote Story book Travels with Colleen, has written for many national magazines, and is now an editor for the Los Angeles Times. Susan and her husband, Dan Milder, have two daughters.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >