- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Here's where managers aiming for the top find no-nonsense tips on
* Helping others to motivate themselves -- and what to do when empowerment fails
* Why the best salesperson shouldn't be the sales manager
* Negotiating successfully without resorting to weapons
* Leadership style -- there's no perfect one, except for despots
* Winning strategies -- and why most fail, even though the tactics succeed
The Unofficial Giude Panel of Experts.
I. Influencing and Changing Behavior.
1. Leveraging Our Impact Through Others.
2. Empowerment As a Management Tool.
3. Resolving Conflict Without Bloodshed.
II. Evatuating Performance and Providing Feedback.
4. Dealing with Poor Performance.
5. Evaluating Behavior.
6. Communicating Under Any Circumstances at Any Time.
III. Resolving the Four Common Management Issues.
7. Raising the Bar Instead of Fixing Problems.
8. Finding Cause, Not Blame.
9. Making Sound Decisions.
10. Protecting Any Plan.
IV. The Secrets of Leadership.
11. Choosing Among an Array of Leadership Styles.
12. How to Negotiate Successfully Without Resorting to Weapons.
13. Setting Strategy That People Can Actually Use.
V. Speaking, Presenting, Facilitating.
14. Presenting Like a Pro.
15. Running Meetings (Instead of Meetings Running You).
VI. How to Be A Memorable Manager and Rote Model.
16. The "Complete" Manager for the Routine and the Crises.
17. Post-heroic Management and Self-actualization.
A. Resources for Power Managers.
B. Annotated Books for the Power Manager.