- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
We've all heard stories of the millionaire real-estate tycoons who started out by scraping together enough money for a down payment on a modest first property-or so the legend goes. And we've all seen the books that promise to show you how to make a million dollars buying houses with no money down. But when average people like us can barely pay the mortgage or the rent, we don't need get-rich-quick schemes or hocus-pocus-we need the inside scoop on how real estate investing can improve our lives.
The Unofficial Guide to Real Estate Investing, Second Edition, gives savvy readers like you a foolproof appraisal of everything from the most basic concepts of real estate investing to complicated tax and financing formulations. Millions of Americans got burned when the Internet bubble burst and corporate scoundrels ran off with their retirement accounts. Now they're discovering that real estate can be their ticket to a prosperous retirement. Fully updated to take account of new tax law changes and now including listings of current apartment owners' associations in all 50 states, this new edition is friendlier and more comprehensive than ever. If you're looking for a long-term investment that you can control-safe from robber barons and market swings-look no further than The Unofficial Guide to Real Estate Investing, Second Edition.
* Vital Information on the inside world of real estate investing
* Insider Secrets on tax shelter benefits
* Money-Saving Techniques for valuing property correctly and determining its most profitable use
* Time-Saving Tips on borrowing money and discovering which investments have the potential to turn into tomorrow's hot properties
* The Latest Trends in hot real estate investing options
* Handy Checklists and charts that help you put together a top-rate investment plan, generate cash flow, and pick the best real estate agent
I. Understanding Real Estate As an Investment.
1. Planting the Seed.
2. The Process and the Plan.
II. The Secrets of Real Estate Investing.
3. Elements of Return.
4. Appraising Like an Appraiser.
5. Borrowing Big Bucks.
III. Mastering the Market.
6. Real Estate, the Economy, and Your Target Market.
7. Subdividing Your Options.
8. Tricks of the Trade.
IV. Setting Your Investment Goals.
9. Building an Investment Plan.
10. Planning for the Tax Man.
V. Putting Your Money on the Line.
11. Purchasing Your Investment.
12. The Due Diligence Period.
VI. Property Management Essentials.
13. Managing the Tenants.
14. Managing the Expenses.
15. The Big Picture of Management.
VII. Facing Your Fears.
16. So What’s Stopping You?
B. National Apartment Association Locales—Listed by State.
C. Recommended Reading List.
D. Sample Real Estate Investment Plan.
E. Inspection Report.