Up and Running with AutoCAD 2011: 2D Drawing and Modelingby Elliot Gindis
Up and Running with AutoCAD 2011: 2D Drawing and Modeling provides an introduction to the fundamental concepts of AutoCAD. These concepts have been distilled down to basic, easy to understand explanations for the benefit of beginner students. Each chapter explains the new concept or command and why it is important. Readers are given the chance to apply… See more details below
Up and Running with AutoCAD 2011: 2D Drawing and Modeling provides an introduction to the fundamental concepts of AutoCAD. These concepts have been distilled down to basic, easy to understand explanations for the benefit of beginner students. Each chapter explains the new concept or command and why it is important. Readers are given the chance to apply just-learned knowledge to a real-life exercise, drawing, or model. They can also test their knowledge with end-of-chapter quizzes and drawing exercises.
The book is organized into two parts: Level 1 and Level 2. Level 1 offers a wide breadth of knowledge on many topics. Its 10 chapters comprise the complete essential knowledge set of an intermediate user. Students can then work on, if not necessarily set up and manage, moderate to complex drawings. Level 2 is meant for advanced users who are CAD managers, full-time AutoCAD draftspersons, architects, or self-employed and must do everything themselves. The goal here is depth, and several features not deemed critically important in Level 1 are revisited to explore additional advanced options. Also introduced are advanced topics necessary to set up and manage complex drawings.
- Strips away complexities, both real and perceived and reduces AutoCAD to easy-to-understand basic concepts.
- Explains "why" something is done, not just "how": the theory behind each concept or command is discussed prior to engaging AutoCAD, so the student has a clear idea of what they are attempting to do.
- All basic commands are documented step-by-step: what the student types in and how AutoCAD responds is spelled out in discrete and clear steps with numerous screen shots.
- Extensive supporting graphics (screen shots) and a summary with a self-test section and topic specific drawing exercises are included at the end of each chapter. Additional practice is gained through projects that the students work on as they progress through the chapters.
- Also available in a comprehensive volume that includes coverage of 3D drawing and modeling in AutoCad. ISBN for comprehensive volume is 978-0-12-375717-3
- Elsevier Science
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
Part One Beginner to Intermediate
Chapter One AutoCAD Fundamentals 1
Chapter Two AutoCAD Fundamentals 2
Chapter Three Layers, Colors, Linetypes and Properties
Chapter Four DText, MText, Style and Editing
Chapter Five Bhatch
Chapter Six Dimensions
Chapter Seven Blocks and Wblocks
Chapter Eight Polar and Rectangular Arrays, Polygon and Circle/TTR
Chapter Nine Isometric
Chapter Ten Basic Printing and Output
Part II Intermediate to Advanced
Chapter Eleven Advanced Linework
Chapter Twelve Advanced Layers
Chapter Thirteen Advanced Dimensions
Chapter Fourteen Options, Shortcuts, CUI, Design Center & Exp. Tools
Chapter Fifteen Miscellaneous Topics
Chapter Sixteen Importing and Exporting Data
Chapter Seventeen External References
Chapter Eighteen Paper Space
Chapter Nineteen Attributes
Chapter Twenty Advanced Output and Pen Settings
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >