Upgrading and Repairing PCs, Academic Edition / Edition 13by Scott Mueller
Pub. Date: 12/13/2001
Publisher: Pearson Education
World-renowned PC hardware expert Scott Mueller has taught thousands in his weeklong seminars and millions through his books, videos and articles. Often, his students refer to him with nicknames, such as "St. Scott" and claim that this book changed their lives. Here are some of the features of latest edition of Mueller's classic reference:
1. Unparalleled coverage of AMD and Intel processors: No other PC book on the bookshelf provides comprehensive coverage of the bevy of processors available from AMD and Intel -- and no other PC book explains just exactly what you're up against when matching motherboards and RAM to these processors.
2. Cutting Edge coverage of the Pentium 4: Intel's long awaited Pentium 4 processor hit the shelves in 2000. Scott steers readers through what promises to be the biggest -- and most demanding -- processor upgrade since the world shifted from 486 processors to the Pentium.
3. Used by students, hobbyists and PC professionals around the world - U&R is found on the desks of teachers, students, hobbyists, repair technicians and even Interpol agents who use the skills they learn in Scott's book to track international criminals.
4. Praised in the media - Maximum PC, the PC hardware industry's leading magazine, reviewed the 12th Edition and dubbed it the "most comprehensive book on the subject we've ever seen" and would have given the book its coveted "Kick Ass" award if books were eligible for the award.
About the Author
Scott Mueller is the most trusted, authoritative hardware voice in the industry. In addition to teaching hardware repair to more than 10,000 computer professionals and enthusiasts, he has sold more than 2 million copies of Upgrading and Repairing PCs, making him a world-renowned hardware author and his book a classic. Scott has taught hardware repair to a host of agencies in the U.S. and foreign governments, and corporations in the United States, Canada, Australia and Europe.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Academic Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.36(w) x 9.13(h) x 3.74(d)
Table of Contents
|PC Hardware Introduction and Overview||7|
|Primary System Components||79|
|Mass Storage Systems||513|
|System Assembly and Maintenance||833|
|Troubleshooting Hardware and Software Problems||945|
|IBM System Technical Reference Section||1047|
(Valid only for the hardcover edition)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >