- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Edited and authored by some of the most respected figures in the field, this newly revised book is your comprehensive guide to all areas of urogynecology, including urinary and fecal incontinence, urodynamic testing, management of genuine stress incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, overactive bladder, and much more. Uniquely organized to reflect a physician's decision-making process, this practical, clinically oriented text moves from basic concepts through to clinical and urodynamic evaluation, management, and treatment. Inside, you'll find evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies, along with algorithmic approaches to common complaints, and clear surgical illustrations. Exclusive to the third edition is a section addressing painful and irritative voiding disorders, including overactive bladder, as well as 20 new case presentations that offer opinions from the leading experts in urogynecology and urology.
• Features step-by-step instructions for urodynamic testing.
• Addresses all urogynecologic disorders, including genuine stress incontinence · pelvic organ prolapse · defecation disorders · painful and irritative voiding disorders · and specific conditions such as urinary tract infection.
• Presents vital information on urethral injections, covering the newest treatment options available.
• Examines the use of autologous materials and mesh in reconstructive pelvic surgery.
• Uses over 300 crisp illustrations to illuminate every detail.
• Contains a new section on painful and irritative voiding disorders, including a discussion of overactive bladder and the latest treatment options available.
• Discusses urodynamics and the most up-to-date testing available for urethral sphincteric function.
• Features 20 all new case presentations with expert commentary.
The book contains predominantly black-and-white illustrations, with some color illustrations.
PART I BASIC SCIENCE
1 Anatomy of the Lower Urinary Tract, Rectum, and Pelvic Floor
2 Neurophysiology of the Lower Urinary Tract
3 Epidemiology and Social Impact of Urinary and Fecal Incontinence
4 Description and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction and Pelvic Organ Prolapse
PART II EVALUATION
5 Evaluation of Urinary Incontinence: History, Physical Examination, and Office Tests
6 Urodynamics: Cystometry
7 Urodynamics: Voiding Studies
8 Urodynamics: Tests for Urethral Sphincteric Function
9 Endoscopic Evaluation of the Lower Urinary Tract
10 Radiologic Studies of the Lower Urinary Tract
11 Evaluation of Defecation Disorders
PART III MANAGEMENT OF GENUINE STRESS INCONTINENCE AND PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE
12 Pathophysiology and Obstetric Issues of Genuine Stress Incontinence and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
13 Genuine Stress Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Non-surgical Management
14 Retropubic Operations for Genuine Stress Incontinence
15 Laparoscopic Surgery for Genuine Stress Incontinence and Prolapse
16 Surgery for Genuine Stress Incontinence: Vaginal Operations
17 Urethral Injection of Bulking Agents for Intrinsic Sphincter Deficiency
18 Surgical Treatment of Anterior Vaginal Wall Prolapse
19 Enterocele and Rectocele
20 Surgical Treatment of Vaginal Vault Prolapse
21 The Use of a Autologous Materials and Mesh in Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
PART IV FECAL INCONTINENCE AND DEFECATION DISORDERS
22 Fecal Incontinence
24 Rectovaginal Fistula
25 Rectal Prolapse
PART V PAINFUL AND IRRITATIVE VOIDING DISORDERS
26 Overactive Bladder
27 Hypersensitivity Disorders of the Lower Urinary Tract
28 Voiding Dysfunction and Retention
29 Neuromodulation Therapy
PART VI SPECIFIC CONDITIONS
30 Urinary Tract Infection
31 Lower Urinary Tract Fistulas
32 Suburethral Diverticula
33 Gynecologic Injury to the Ureters, Bladder and Urethra: Prevention, Recognition and Management
34 The Effects of Gynecologic Cancer and Its Treatment on the Lower Urinary Tract
35 The Urinary Tract in Pregnancy
36 Bladder Drainage and Urinary Protective Methods
PART VII CASE PRESENTATIONS WITH EXPERT DISCUSSIONS
37 Case Presentations With Expert Discussions
Cases 1 – 20
PART VIII RESEARCH METHODS
38 Basic Research and Epidemiologic Methods