Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgeryby Mark D. Walters, Mickey M. Karram
Edited and authored by some of the most respected figures in the field, this newly revised book is your comprehensive guide to all areas of urogynecology, including urinary and fecal incontinence, urodynamic testing, management of genuine stress incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, overactive bladder, and much more. Uniquely organized to reflect a physician's decision-making process, this practical, clinically oriented text moves from basic concepts through to clinical and urodynamic evaluation, management, and treatment. Inside, you'll find evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies, along with algorithmic approaches to common complaints, and clear surgical illustrations. Exclusive to the third edition is a section addressing painful and irritative voiding disorders, including overactive bladder, as well as 20 new case presentations that offer opinions from the leading experts in urogynecology and urology.
- Features step-by-step instructions for urodynamic testing.
- Addresses all urogynecologic disorders, including genuine stress incontinence · pelvic organ prolapse · defecation disorders · painful and irritative voiding disorders · and specific conditions such as urinary tract infection.
- Presents vital information on urethral injections, covering the newest treatment options available.
- Examines the use of autologous materials and mesh in reconstructive pelvic surgery.
- Uses over 300 crisp illustrations to illuminate every detail.
- Contains a new section on painful and irritative voiding disorders, including a discussion of overactive bladder and the latest treatment options available.
- Discusses urodynamics and the most up-to-date testing available for urethral sphincteric function.
- Features 20 all new case presentations with expert commentary.
Description: Comprehensive and concise describe this updated text on urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery. Continuing as one of the top texts on this subspecialty it is a necessity for any healthcare provider with an interest in urogynecology.
Purpose: This updated version is necessary to cover the expanding field of urogynecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery. New chapters such as those covering the posterior compartment in greater detail enhance the text.
Audience: This text is appropriate and necessary for all healthcare providers who are interested in this subspecialty. The editors continue to provide valuable insights and understanding of pelvic floor dysfunction.
Features: Diagnosis, management, and treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse are covered in appropriate detail as expected, but the text has also been enhanced by chapters such as voiding disorders, fecal incontinence, and other posterior compartment dysfunctions. In addition to surgical management, medical treatment of pelvic floor disorders is discussed in detail.
Assessment: The editors continue to provide one of the top urogynecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery texts which is written in a style appropriate for all healthcare providers caring for patients with pelvic floor dysfunction. This second edition is enhanced by the multidisciplinary approach to addressing pelvic floor disorders. The contributing authors are well known experts in their respective fields and help clarify the enigmas of pelvic floor dysfunction.
-Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica (2015)
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 29 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Vice-Chairman and Head, Section of General Gynecology and Urogynecology/Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Director of Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Director and Founder of the Fellowship Training Program in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >