Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery / Edition 2by Mark D. Walters, Mickey M. Karram
Pub. Date: 06/28/1999
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Edited and authored by some of the most respected figures in the field, this newly revised book is your comprehensive guide to all areas of urogynecology, including urinary and fecal incontinence, urodynamic testing, management of genuine stress incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, overactive bladder, and much more. Uniquely organized to reflect a physician's… See more details below
Edited and authored by some of the most respected figures in the field, this newly revised book is your comprehensive guide to all areas of urogynecology, including urinary and fecal incontinence, urodynamic testing, management of genuine stress incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, overactive bladder, and much more. Uniquely organized to reflect a physician's decision-making process, this practical, clinically oriented text moves from basic concepts through to clinical and urodynamic evaluation, management, and treatment. Inside, you'll find evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies, along with algorithmic approaches to common complaints, and clear surgical illustrations. Exclusive to the third edition is a section addressing painful and irritative voiding disorders, including overactive bladder, as well as 20 new case presentations that offer opinions from the leading experts in urogynecology and urology.
- Features step-by-step instructions for urodynamic testing.
- Addresses all urogynecologic disorders, including genuine stress incontinence • pelvic organ prolapse • defecation disorders • painful and irritative voiding disorders • and specific conditions such as urinary tract infection.
- Presents vital information on urethral injections, covering the newest treatment options available.
- Examines the use of autologous materials and mesh in reconstructive pelvic surgery.
- Uses over 300 crisp illustrations to illuminate every detail.
- Contains a new section on painful and irritative voiding disorders, including a discussion of overactive bladder and the latest treatment optionsavailable.
- Discusses urodynamics and the most up-to-date testing available for urethral sphincteric function.
- Features 20 all new case presentations with expert commentary.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
PART 1: HISTORY
1. Historical Milestones in Female Pelvic Surgery, Gynecology, and Female Urology
PART 2: BASIC SCIENCE
2. Anatomy of the Lower Urinary Tract, Pelvic Floor, and Rectum
3. Embryology and Congenital Anomalies of the Urinary Tract, Rectum, and Female Genital System
4. Neurophysiology and Pharmacology of the Lower Urinary Tract
5. Physiology of the Pelvic Muscles, Vagina and Anorectum
6. Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction: Assessment and Treatment
7. Epidemiology and Psychosocial Impact of Female Pelvic Floor Disorders
8.Descriptions and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction and Pelvic Organ Prolapse
PART 3: EVALUATION
9. Evaluation of Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse: History, Physical Examination, and Office Tests
10. Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques, Interpretation, and Clinical Utility
11. Video and Ambulatory Urodynamics
12. Endoscopic Evaluation of the Lower Urinary Tract
13. Radiologic Studies of the Lower Urinary Tract and Pelvic Floor
14. Neurophysiologic Testing for Pelvic Floor Disorders
PART 4: MANAGEMENT OF STRESS URINARY INCONTINENCE AND PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE
15. Pathophysiology of Urinary Incontinence
16. Obstetrics and Pelvic Floor Disorders
17. Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Nonsurgical Management
18. Retropubic Operations for Stress Urinary Incontinence
19. Biologic Bladder Neck Sling for Stress Urinary Incontinence
20. Synthetic Midurethral Slings for Stress Urinary Incontinence
21. Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence
22. Urethral Injection of Bulking Agents for Intrinsic Sphincter Deficiency
23. Surgical Treatment of Anterior Vaginal Wall Prolapse
24. Surgical Treatment of Rectocele and Perineal Defects
25. Surgical Treatment of Vaginal Apex Prolapse
26. Uterine Conservation for the Surgical Treatment of Uterovaginal Prolapse
27. Obliterative Procedures for Pelvic Organ Prolapse
28. The Use of Biologic Tissue and Synthetic Mesh in Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
PART 5: SURGICAL COMPLICATIONS AND THEIR MANAGEMENT
29. Avoiding and Managing Lower Urinary Tract Injuries During Pelvic Surgery
30. Managing Mesh and Other Complications After Surgeries for Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse
PART 6: FECAL INCONTINENCE AND DEFECATION DISORDERS
31. Fecal Incontinence
33. Rectovaginal Fistula and Perineal Breakdown
34. Rectal Prolapse
PART 7: PAINFUL AND IRRITATIVE VOIDING DISORDERS
35. Overactive Bladder Syndrome and Nocturia
36. Hypersensitivity Disorders of the Lower Urinary Tract
37. Surgical Management of Detrusor Compliance Abnormalities
38. Voiding Dysfunction and Urinary Retention
PART 8: SPECIFIC CONDITIONS
39. Lower Urinary Tract Infection
40. Urethral Diverticula
41. Lower Urinary Tract Fistulas
42. The Effects of Gynecologic Cancer on Lower Urinary Tract Function
43. Bladder Drainage and Urinary Protective Methods
PART 9: RESEARCH METHODS
44. Outcome and Quality-of-Life Measures in Pelvic Floor Research
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >