US National Security: Policymakers, Processes, and Politics / Edition 4by Sam C. Sarkesian, Stephen J. Cimbala, John Allen Williams
Pub. Date: 11/30/2007
Publisher: Lynne Rienner Publishers, Inc.
The fifth edition of US National Security retains the structure and approach that have made this text so successful, but it has been revised and updated throughout to reflect the challenges faced by the Obama administration. The choices necessary in an increasingly budget-constrained environment, the broader range of national security issues, and the evolving nature of counterinsurgency doctrine and practice are among the currents that inform the authors’ clear presentation and appraisal of US security interests, politics, and processes.
- Lynne Rienner Publishers, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
- National Interests and National Security.
- THE NATIONAL SECURITY CONTEXT.
- Who's Who in the International System.
- The Conflict Spectrum.
- National Security, Nuclear Weapons, and Arms Control.
- The US Political System.
- THE NATIONAL SECURITY ESTABLISHMENT.
- The President and the Presidency.
- The Policy Triad and the National Security Council.
- The Military Establishment.
- The Intelligence Establishment.
- THE NATIONAL SECURITY SYSTEM AND THE POLICY PROCESS.
- The Policy Process.
- The President and Congress.
- Empowering the People.
- Civil-Military Relations.
- LOOKING TOWARD THE FUTURE.
- Long-Range Issues of National Security.
- Making the System Work.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >