- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
I. Foundational Issues.
1. The Historical Contexts of Special Education: Framing Our Understanding of Contemporary Issues, by J. David Smith, The University of Virginia's College at Wise.
2. Contemporary Legal Issues in Special Education, by Mitchell L. Yell and Erik Drasgow, University of South Carolina, Renee Bradley and Troy Justesen, Office of Special Education Programs.
3. Classification Issues in Special Education for English Language Learners, by James R. Yates and Alba A. Ortiz, The University of Texas at Austin.
4. Trends in Placement Issues, Sherman Dorn, University of South Florida, and Douglas Fuchs, Vanderbilt University.
5. Multicultural Perspectives in Special Education: A Call for Responsibility in Research, Practice and Teacher Preparation, by Audrey McCray Sorrells, The University of Texas at Austin, Gwendolyn Webb-Johnson, The University of Texas at Austin, and Brenda L. Townsend, University of South Florida.
II. Intervention Issues.
6. Issues in Early Intervention, by Melissa L. Olive, The University of Texas at Austin, and Mary A. McEvoy, University of Minnesota.
7. Issues in Curriculum Based Assessment, by Rose M. Allinder, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lynn S. Fuchs and Douglas Fuchs, Vanderbilt University.
8. Instructional Interventions for Students with Learning Disabilities, by Sylvia Linan-Thompson, The University of Texas at Austin.
9. Sustainability of Research Based Practices: Implications for Students with Disabilities, by Sharon Vaughn, The University of Texas at Austin, Marie Tejero Hughes, University of Illinois at Chicago, and Janette K. Klingner, University of Colorado at Boulder.
10. Trends and Issues in Behavioral Interventions, by Lewis Polsgrove and Theresa Ochoa, both of Indiana University, Bloomington.
11. Transition Issues: Process, Practices, and Perspectives, by James R. Patton, The University of Texas at Austin.
12. Trends and Issues in Instructional and Assistive Technology, by Herbert J. Rieth, The University of Texas at Austin, Linda K. Colburn, Vanderbilt University, and Diane P. Bryant, The University of Texas at Austin.
13. Contemporary Issues in Rehabilitation Counseling: Interface With and Implications for Special Education, by James Schaller, The University of Texas at Austin, Nancy K. Yang, Educational and Research Consultant, and Sophie Chien-Huey Chang, National Taiwan Normal University.
III. Personnel Preparation Issues.
14. Teacher Education: Toward A Qualified Teacher for Every Classroom, by Mary T. Brownell, Michael S. Rosenberg, Johns Hopkins University, Paul T. Sindelar, University of Florida, and Deborah D. Smith, Vanderbilt University.
15. Leadership Personnel in Special Education: Can Persistent Shortage be Resolved? By Deborah D. Smith, Georgine M. Pion, and Naomi Chowdhuri Tyler, all of Vanderbilt University.
IV. Special Education Futures.
16. Reshaping Public Policy: From Access to Accountability, by Michael L. Hardman and Katherine Nagle, both of the University of Utah.