USMLE Step 1 Secrets, 2nd edition / Edition 2by Thomas A. Brown, Dave D. Brown
Pub. Date: 09/05/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Use the proven format of the best-selling Secrets SeriesTM to prepare for the USMLE Step 1. Presented as questions and answers based on clinical vignettes, USMLE Step 1 Secrets will aid you in not only retaining but understanding key information for the boards. Co-authored by Dr.Tom Brown, author of Rapid Review in Physiology, and Dr.Dave Brown, the second edition… See more details below
Use the proven format of the best-selling Secrets SeriesTM to prepare for the USMLE Step 1. Presented as questions and answers based on clinical vignettes, USMLE Step 1 Secrets will aid you in not only retaining but understanding key information for the boards. Co-authored by Dr.Tom Brown, author of Rapid Review in Physiology, and Dr.Dave Brown, the second edition has been updated to be even more concise and ultra high-yield, while still offering a complete overview of the key topics and the top "secrets" and personal insights from the authors.
- Utilizes a case-based approach to prepare you for the Step 1 exam.
- Implements systems-based organization for an integrated approach.
- Uses the Secrets Q&A format to make learning interesting and effective.
- Uses a new Top 100 Secrets chapter as a recap of the most important information in the book to help you review quickly.
- Incorporates 7 new chapters, including Clinical Anatomy and Pharmacology, and Toxicology to expand coverage of high-yield areas and keep you current.
- Provides maximum information in minimal time to help fit a concise review into your busy schedule.
- Includes a color pathology and dermatology section to enhance the clarity and understanding of key images.
Table of Contents
|6.||Female Reproductive System||95|
|15.||Genetic and Metabolic Diseases||237|
|17.||Viral, Fungal, and Parasitic Diseases||273|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
The Q+A and systems approach to Step 1 Secrets offers is an excellent way to approach Step 1. It by no means replaces First Aid or MedEssentials, but the explanations are often more clear than either of them in some areas (namely Cardio). It's perfect (and compact) for a quick, easy review of the material for class or for the boards, especially to peruse at the gym or a cafe.
I've found a couple mistakes, but they're minor, and nothing a typical med student would fret over.
So, in the process of studying for USMLE Step 1, I came across this book. I had no idea how awesome it was. It's a system-based book that typically presents some essential background information on a topic and then presents cases. It's a question and answer style book. To be honest, the book is not the most holistic in terms of description and facts, but I used it as a review after studying an organ system in depth. It really tied everything together and even simplified some concepts. I actually found myself reading this book when I just couldn't handle normal studying anymore. It's great for a more leisure-type reading/learning. I highly suggest this book. Also, if you're taking COMLEX, consider this book. The two primary authors consist of an allopathic student and an osteopathic student. (Although, it does not integrate OMT.)