Valuation for M&A: Building Value in Private Companiesby Chris M. Mellen, Frank C. Evans
The only book to focus on valuation specifically for mergers and acquisitions, Valuation For M&A: Building Value in Private Companies, Second Edition lays out the steps for measuring and managing value/i>/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Discover the tools necessary to determine what your company's value is, what drives its value, and how to enhance that value during an M&A transaction.
The only book to focus on valuation specifically for mergers and acquisitions, Valuation For M&A: Building Value in Private Companies, Second Edition lays out the steps for measuring and managing value creation in privately held businesses. This groundbreaking work led directly to authors Chris M. Mellen and Franck C. Evans being named the joint 2010 AM&AA Middle Market Thought Leader of the Year by the Alliance of Merger&Acquisition Advisors, and its thorough overview of the subject:
- Recognizes a company as an investment and explains how to manage that value to maximize shareholder returns, focusing on returns, risks, and capital invested
- Explains investment or strategic value versus fair market value and provides a document request checklist; sample interview questions; and formats for adjusting financial statements, developing discount rates, the computation of net cash flow; and a valuation reconciliation form
- Includes a comprehensive case study to illustrate concepts and calculations
- Now covers fair value accounting and the impact of SFAS Nos. 141, 142, and 157 and their IFRS counterparts, intangible asset valuation techniques, exit planning, international M&As, and venture backed/early stage companies
Showing corporate executives as well as M&A professionals and business appraisers how to value privately-held businesses for merger and acquisition purposes, this book helps investors, executives, and their advisors determine the optimum strategy to enhance both market value and strategic value to maximize return on investment.
Meet the Author
CHRIS M. MELLEN, ASA, MCBA, CM&AA, is president and founder of Delphi Valuation Advisors, Inc. (www.delphivaluation.com), located in Boston, Massachusetts and a principal in American Business Appraisers®. He is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), Master Certified Business Appraiser (MCBA), and Certified Merger&Acquisition Advisor (CM&AA). Chris also holds an MBA with a concentration in finance from Babson College and a bachelor of arts with a major in industrial relations and economics from McGill University. His experience includes completion of over 1,800 valuation assignments since 1989 in a wide range of industries for such purposes as strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, tax and estate planning and compliance, financial reporting, financing, buy-sell agreements, litigation, and appraisal review. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
FRANK C. EVANS, ASA, CBA, is the founder of Evans and Associates Valuation Advisory Services (www.evansandassociates.net), in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and a principal in American Business Appraisers®. He holds the Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) and Certified Business Appraiser (CBA) designations and held the Certified Public Accountant Accredited in Business Valuation (CPA/ABV) designation. With an MBA and a bachelor of arts degree in economics from the University of Pittsburgh, he performs valuations and related consultation for strategic planning, merger and acquisition, tax planning, shareholder agreements and disputes, and litigation support. He is the coauthor with David Bishop of the first edition of Valuation for M&A and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >