- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The case studies, written by leading experts in each nation, show how these methods are being taken up in the UK, Norway and Italy and the ways in which they are already extensively...
The case studies, written by leading experts in each nation, show how these methods are being taken up in the UK, Norway and Italy and the ways in which they are already extensively in use in the USA, Germany and the Netherlands. The authors also describe the obstacles to their use; the lack of knowledge of environmental economics at government level; the groups to grasp the importance of financial evaluation to their cause. But, at this book makes clear, significant advances are being made, both in thee implementation of these economic techniques and, above all, in striking and yet further developments in economic thinking.
Notes on the contributors Tables Preface
1. Introduction Jean-Phillippe Barde and David Pearce The Problem of Valuation Types of Values The Rationality of Valuation Valuation Techniques Using Benefit Estimation
2. Germany Werner Schultz and Erika Schultz Introduction The Importance of Cost-benefit Analysis as a Tool for Decision Making on Environmental Policy: an Overview Concrete Areas of Application with Environmental Policy Relevance Five Case Studies Obstacles to the Use of Cost-benefit Analysis Summary and Recommendations Appendix: Research Projects A-J References Giorgio Panella
3. Italy Introduction Public Expenditure and Cost-benefit Analysis in the Environmental Sector: an Overview Cost-benefit Analysis in Italy: an Overview Four Case Studies Difficulties and Problems Arising in the Application of the Estimation Procedures Concluding Comments References
4. The Netherlands Onno Kuik, Huib Jansen and Johannes Opschoor Introduction and Background Practical Use of Benefit Assessments in the Netherlands Seven Case Studies Conclusions References
5. Norway Stale Navrud Introduction A Review of Environmental Benefit Estimation Studies in Norway Analysis of Three Selected Case Studies Obstacles to Wider Use of Environmental Benefit Estimates and How to Overcome them Conclusions and Recommendations References
6 .The United Kingdom Anil Markandya, David Pearce and R. Kerry Turner Introduction: the Decision-Making Framework Six Case Studies Conclusions Notes References
7. The United States Maryann Froehlich, Drusilla J. C. Hufford and Nancy H. Hammett Introduction Legislative and Executive Requirements for Benefits Analysis Overview of the EPA's Benefits Assessments Four Case Studies: EPA's Use of Benefits Estimates in Rule Making References Index