Jason Cheeseman-Meyer is a professional artist who draws from his art, math, teaching and writing backgrounds for his expertise on perspective for comics and fantasy art. He knows how to approach technical subjects and present them in easy-to-understand formats. A Magna Cum Laude graduate of Oberlin College and the Otis College of Art and Design, he has written and edited teaching manuals, and has been working on the subject of curvilinear perspective for eight years, creating a practical system for drawing and teaching it.
Vanishing Point: Perspective for Comics from the Ground Upby Jason Cheeseman-Meyer
Master perspective like the pros! Vanishing Point shows you how to conquer the fundamentals of perspective drawing and then equips you with technical tricks and tools that make dynamic and complex scenes a snap. This complete guide helps you build your understanding of perspective to an intuitive level so you can draw anything you can imagine. Inside you'll/i>
Master perspective like the pros! Vanishing Point shows you how to conquer the fundamentals of perspective drawing and then equips you with technical tricks and tools that make dynamic and complex scenes a snap. This complete guide helps you build your understanding of perspective to an intuitive level so you can draw anything you can imagine. Inside you'll find:
- Complete instruction on drawing in one-, two- and three-point perspective and four- and five-point curvilinear perspective (where "straight" lines are drawn as curves). Curvilinear perspective has not been taught in any other perspective book - until now!
- Full-color, step-by-step demonstrations move you beyond the theories and let you practice the techniques in real scenes.
- A special chapter on drawing curves helps you break out of the box and draw cylinders, ellipses, cars and, most importantly, people in perfect perspective.
- Shortcuts and tips show you how to create believable perspective in no time flat.
No matter what your skill level, Vanishing Point offers you a new way of looking at perspective and lets you draw as though you have decades of drawing experience - even if you don't. You'll learn everything you need to know to pour your imagination on the page with power and confidence.
- F+W Media
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.36(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Helpful Training Without Too Much Technicality! This book helps you understand all the different ways to draw scenes in perspective, from one-point perspective to fish-eye perspectives and everything in between. Everything is presented in a way that's easy to understand and doesn't leave you scratching your head and trying to figure out what you just read. He also gives tips on how drawing people in perspective, creating objects of equal size (like floor tiles), and wraps up with troubleshooting advice to help make images more realistic. I would recommend this book to anyone planning to use perspective in their artwork.