Vascular Ultrasound: How, Why and When / Edition 3by Abigail Thrush, Timothy Hartshorne
Pub. Date: 09/15/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This book provides an understanding of the underlying scientific principles in the production of B-mode and Colour Flow imaging and Spectral Doppler sonograms. A basic description of common vascular diseases is given along with a practical guide as to how ultrasound is used to detect and quantify the disease. Possible treatments of common vascular diseases and… See more details below
This book provides an understanding of the underlying scientific principles in the production of B-mode and Colour Flow imaging and Spectral Doppler sonograms. A basic description of common vascular diseases is given along with a practical guide as to how ultrasound is used to detect and quantify the disease. Possible treatments of common vascular diseases and disorders are outlined. Ultrasound is often used in post-treatment assessment and this is also discussed. The role of ultrasound in the formation and follow-up of haemodialysis access is a growing field and is covered in detail.
• Practical step-by-step guide to peripheral vasular ultrasound.
• Explains the basic scientific principles of ultrasound instrumention and blood flow.
• Fully illustrated with 175 black and white scans, 150 colour scans and 220 black and white and colour line drawings.
• Contributions from leading names in peripheral vascular ultrasound.
• Accompanying DVD includes cine loops of ultrasound scans in normal and diseased vessels and of optimum scans to show potential pitfalls and common mistakes.
• Four new chapters and two new contributors, both clinical lecturers in vascular ultrasound.
• New chapter on treatment techniques of particular interest to vascular surgeons who increasingly are required to learn basic scanning skills.
• Sections on ultrasound instrumentation updated to cover new developments in equipment such as broadband colour imaging.
• Current practices in all the vascular ultrasound applications covered are reviewed and updated.
Table of Contents
1 Introduction 1
2 Ultrasound and imaging 5
3 Doppler ultrasound 23
4 Creation of a color flow image 35
5 Blood flow and its appearance on color flow imaging 49
6 Factors that influence the Doppler spectrum 65
7 Optimizing the scan 77
8 Ultrasound assessment of the extracranial cerebral circulation 87
9 Duplex assessment of lower-limb arterial disease 117
10 Duplex assessment of upper-limb arterial disease 143
11 Duplex assessment of aneurysms and endovascular repair 155
12 Vascular ultrasound of abdominal aortic branches Colin Deane Deane, Colin 175
13 Anatomy of the lower-limb venous system and assessment of venous insufficiency Tim Hartshorne Hartshorne, Tim David Goss Goss, David 193
14 Duplex assessment of deep venous thrombosis and upper-limb venous disorders Tim Hartshorne Hartshorne, Tim David Goss Goss, David 233
15 Graft surveillance and preoperative vein mapping for bypass surgery 255
16 Ultrasound of hemodialysis access Colin Deane Deane, Colin 275
Appendix A Decibel scale 293
Appendix B Sensitivity and specificity 295
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >