PAPERBACK New 086516584X new book, never used, Has slight shelf wear due to storage. Has school name and number in book. All books directly from Avitar Books, we never use a ...3rd party. Will ship within 24 hours, Monday-Friday!Read moreShow Less
Teacher's: Designed for Advanced Placement* and college classes, this text is a complete revision of passages from Pharr's Vergil's Aeneid, Books I-VI plus selections from Books X and XII.
Student: This edition is designed for high school Advanced Placement* and college level courses: a newly updated and revised version of selected passages from Vergil's Aeneid, Books I-VI, by Clyde Pharr (whose user-friendly format revolutionized Latin textbooks), plus additional passages from Books 10 and 12, not found in Pharr. Passages included are: 1.1-519; 2.1-56; 199-297, 469-566, 735-804; 4.1-448, 642-705; 6.1-211, 450-476, 847-901; 10.420-509; 12.791-842, 887-952.
* Teacher's: Introduction
* Literal translation
* Questions for discussion and analysis
* Large-print Latin text (1.1-519; 2.1-56; 199-297, 469-566, 735-804; 4.1-448, 642-705; 6.1-211, 450-476, 847-901; 10.420-509; 12.791-842, 887-952), without macrons or italics, for in-class translation and mock-tests
* Student: All new general introduction and introduction to each section
* Latin text with selected vocabulary and notes on the same page
* Six new full-color illustrations by Thom Kapheim
* Ancient illustrations
* Grammatical appendix, including newly revised sections: ?Vergil's Meter? and ?Rhetorical Terms, Figures of Speech, and Metrical Devices?
* Index to Grammatical Appendix
* New, updated, selected bibliography
* New, full vocabulary at the back of the book
* Pull-out General Word List