With detailed coverage of surgical procedures, Veterinary Surgery: Small Animal is an authoritative, two-volume reference on the art and science of small animal surgery. Expert contributors discuss surgical principles and procedures for topics ranging from surgical biology and perioperative care, to neurosurgery orthopedic surgery, and soft tissue surgery, always supported by evidence-based research and complete surgical instructions. More procedures are covered with greater detail than in comparable books, and a greater emphasis on pathophysiology shows how it relates to diagnosis, treatment, and overall case management. Experienced Coeditors Karen Tobias and Spencer Johnston provide the definitive reference for veterinary surgery, invaluable preparation for the ACVS and ECVS board examinations.
- Blend of clinical and basic science information provides the best possible understanding of clinical issues surrounding operative situations.
- Specific procedures are covered in great detail and are brought to life with full-color drawings and photographs.
- Highly recognized contributors provide authoritative coverage that is useful for surgical specialists as well as practicing veterinarians who perform surgery or refer cases for surgery.
- Detailed coverage of small animal surgery provides excellent preparation for the written examination of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons, and the European College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Comprehensive coverage includes surgical biology, surgical methods and perioperative care, neurosurgery, and orthopedics in Volume I; soft tissue surgery is covered in Volume II.
- Coverage of anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology in chapters on specific organs includes information critical to operative procedures and patient management.
- In-depth chapters on anesthesia and pain provide indispensable resources for practicing surgeons.
- Treatment of cancers in small animals is covered in chapters on surgical oncology, tumors of the spine, and musculoskeletal neoplasia.
- Extensive references to published studies show the factual basis for the material.
- The companion website includes all of the images in the book for convenient access, plus references linked to original abstracts on PubMed.