Videoconferencing Demystifiedby Steven Shepard
Recently, video services have seen a 300% uptake as distance learning and videoconferencing are being called upon to replace much business travel. The delivery technology has advanced to a point that represents a viable and economically sound alternative to travel, but it often fails in practice, because of a lack of understanding of management, deployment, usage, and logistics issues. This book will allow any organization to successfully employ videoconferencing.
* Videoconferencing assessment: in what circumstances is it effective, and where does it fall short
* Details available equipment and service providers
* Quick tutorials on all relevant technologies and standards
* Videoconference service options
* Key Quality of Service (QoS) issues
ON THE CD-ROM
* See examples of videoconferencing from top products and technologies that demonstrate different sampling rates
* Color illustrations to augment the book's black and white illustrations
HASSLE-FREE VIDEOCONFERENCINGMAKING VIDEO SERVICES WORK
In classic Demystified style, expert Steven Shepard unpacks videoconferencing technology and shows you how to bring it to any business. Just as importantly, he makes it plain what the technologies are good for and where they fall short.
YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK IF
* Your travel budget is down, and so is employees' yearning to fly
* Distance learning, virtual meetings, and videoconferences are looking more and more appealing
* There are rent-or-buy or product choice decisions to be made
* Sample video streams, independent product evaluations, and expert insights could help you make your choices
* Your firm is sizing up videoconferencing, and your middle name is "deployment"
* You want to know about LAN capacity, IP multicasting, and Web conferencing
* You need answers on baseline technologies, equipment issues, network compliance, regulations, standards, and QoS
* A failed system is not an option
* Investing in a business with an exponential growth rate has its appeal (and you want to know where it's best to put your money)
* You have an unquenchable curiosity about new communications technologies and how they work
Videoconferencing has come of age. Viable technologies, workable economics, and surging demand for virtual meetings have fueled 300% growth in a single quarter. This book shows you how to bring videoconferencing benefits to your business.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >