- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A Step-by-Step Guide for Working with Violent Clients
Renowned family therapist Cloe Madanes presents a therapy of social action, a proven model of therapeutic intervention developed for professionals who work with violent men. At the very heart of this approach is the conviction that the offAnder is fully responsible for his actions. As evidence of this core belief, a therapy of social action requires the offAnder to acknowledge his violent actions, demonstrate authentic repentance, make amAnds to the victim, and find acceptable alternative behaviors.
Gives guidelines & recommendations for confronting the offender w/the effects of his actions to empathize w/victim.
1. A Therapy of Social Action.
2. The Elements of Social Action in Therapy.
3. The Caged Animal.
4. The Knife in Her Heart (with James P. Keim).
5. Steps in the Therapy of Adult Sex Offenders.
6. The Juvenile Sex Offender (with Dinah Smelser and James P. Keim).
7. Abusive Husbands.
8. Judges' and Therapists' Mistakes.
9. The Past.