- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Renowned family therapist Cloe Madanes presents her "therapy of social action"?a proven model of therapeutic intervention developed for professionals who work with violent men. This approach relies on the conviction that the offAnder is fully responsible for his actions. When used effectively, it can unshackle both the offAnder and the victim from the physical, mental, and spiritual chains of violent behavior. Included are case studies of the step-by-step therapeutic process for working with incest, child abuse, juvenile sexual crime, or marital violence offAnders.
Gives guidelines & recommendations for confronting the offender w/the effects of his actions to empathize w/victim.
1. A Therapy of Social Action.
2. The Elements of Social Action in Therapy.
3. The Caged Animal.
4. The Knife in Her Heart (with James P. Keim).
5. Steps in the Therapy of Adult Sex Offenders.
6. The Juvenile Sex Offender (with Dinah Smelser and James P. Keim).
7. Abusive Husbands.
8. Judges' and Therapists' Mistakes.
9. The Past.