12 Years, 2 Kings, 3 Queens - The Ultimate Tudor Novel
England 1550s. The brilliant young mathematician and astronomer John Dee has one overwhelming obsession: liberty. Abandoned and in danger, Elizabeth Tudor has one simple aim: survival. This is their story.
Against the background of the English Reformation, and threatened by a vengeful and unforgiving queen, the mysterious brotherhood of the Rose Lodge attempts to guide the nation towards enlightenment and stability. Here, the special alchemy of the Virgin and the Crab works its magic, growing from childhood friendship, through adolescent flirtation to mutual respect and admiration as together they prepare to sacrifice everything for the world they wish to inherit.
- Epic historical novel set amid the violent uncertainties of Tudor England following the death of Henry VIII.
- Biographical, historical fiction featuring the characters of Elizabeth Tudor, Edward VI, Mary Tudor, Philip II, John Dee, William Cecil, Roger Ascham, Robert Dudley, Lady Jane Grey, Blanche Parry and Thomas Wyatt.
- Themes of loyalty, romance, rebellion, Platonic love, political machinations and espionage.
- Atmospheric backdrop with authentic period detail. Settings include the Tower of London and the palaces of Whitehall and Hampton Court.
- Explores religious conflict at the time of the Reformation, and the evolution of science at the dawn of the English Renaissance.