Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 for Maternity Nursing / Edition 7by Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk
Pub. Date: 05/12/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions is an online program that guides you through a virtual hospital where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. By immersing students in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE simulates the average clinical rotation by allowing users… See more details below
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions is an online program that guides you through a virtual hospital where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. By immersing students in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE simulates the average clinical rotation by allowing users to conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect information, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. Each lesson has a textbook reading assignment and activities based on "visiting" the patients in the hospital - providing a perfect environment to "practice" what you are learning.
- Online workbook includes a set of lessons to prepare and guide you through a variety of patient scenarios, which are all connected to your textbook.
- Physical examination interactions include unique images and assessment findings for each patient scenario.
- Patient chart provides quick access to vital information such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Electronic patient record houses data from the patient’s entire hospital stay and offers the ability to record new data findings.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
- NEW! Online format enables you to access Virtual Clinical Excursions from any PC or MAC with an internet connection.
- NEW! Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients’ test results.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
Unit One: Introduction to Maternity Nursing
Lesson 1: The Family and Culture (Chapter 1)
Unit Two: Reproductive Years
Lesson 2: Assessment and Health Promotion(Chapter 4)
Lesson 3: Substance Abuse/Violence Against Women (Chapter 4)
Lesson 4: STIs and Other Infections (Chapter 5)
Lesson 5: Reproductive System Concerns: Contraception and Infertility (Chapter 6)
Unit Three: Pregnancy
Lesson 6: Nursing Care During Pregnancy (Chapter 9)
Lesson 7: Maternal Nutrition/Antepartal Fetal Assessment (Chapters 10, 21)
Unit Four: Childbirth
Lesson 8: Nursing Care During Labor and Birth (Chapters 11, 14)
Lesson 9: Management of Discomfort (Chapter 12)
Unit Five: Complications of Childbearing
Lesson 10: Pregnancy at Risk: Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (Chapter 22)
Lesson 11: Pregnancy at Risk: Cardiac Disorders, Lupus (Chapter 22)
Lesson 12: Pregnancy at Risk: Severe Preeclampsia (Chapter 23)
Lesson 13: Pregnancy at Risk: Antepartal Hemorrhagic Disorders (Chapter 23)
Lesson 14: Labor and Birth at Risk (Chapter 24)
Lesson 15: The Newborn at Risk (Chapters 26, 27)
Lesson 16: Perinatal Loss and Grief (Chapter 28)
Lesson 17: Medication Administration
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >