Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 to Accompany Medical-Surgical Nursing / Edition 5by Donna D. Ignatavicius, Jay Tashiro
Completely updated for easier use and more control, VCE Pacific View is a groundbreaking workbook/CD-ROM package that brings learning to life in a "virtual" hospital setting. This guided learning experience features textbook reading assignments that correspond with the CD-ROM and workbook activities. The workbook acts as a map, guiding students through the CD-ROM as… See more details below
Completely updated for easier use and more control, VCE Pacific View is a groundbreaking workbook/CD-ROM package that brings learning to life in a "virtual" hospital setting. This guided learning experience features textbook reading assignments that correspond with the CD-ROM and workbook activities. The workbook acts as a map, guiding students through the CD-ROM as they care for patients in the virtual hospital to help students make connections between what they experience through the CD-ROM and what they've learned in their textbook. Each virtual hospital visit allows the student to access realistic information resources essential to patient care resulting in a true-to-life, hands-on learning experience. Users will also discover that this edition of VCE is easier to use with the inclusion of flash-based technology and the elimination of previously needed third-party plug-ins.
- Meaningful, real-world problems place users in nursing scenarios where they can set priorities for care, collect data, analyze and interpret data, and reach conclusions about complex problems within a health-illness transition.
- The highly-engaging format encourages active learning and provides opportunities to identify information to collect and process data for evidence-based patient care; work with data entry and retrieval screens; optimize use of available information resources; understand hospital information systems; manage information for decision-making; and maintain and improve core computing skills.
- Lessons in the workbook complement the content in the textbook and guide the student through the virtual hospital.
- Includes NCLEX examination-style questions that offer built-in testing of clinical knowledge.
- The CD-ROM offers users the opportunity to visit each patient and access realistic information essential for patient care, including: charts, medical administration records, electronic patient records, video clips of nurse-client interactions, and other related materials.
- A clock icon appears under each lesson, estimating how much time it will take to complete.
- A linkage icon alerts the user whenever they are about to begin an exercise that connects with previous lessons.
- The elimination of third-party plug-ins facilitates fast and easy software installation.
- Flash-based technology allows for more ease of use and seamless navigation.
- Greater faculty support with the addition of the FAC PAC, a new instructors' website, and a radically expanded testing component.
- A medication administration feature enables users to select, prepare, and administer medications.
- Over 50 common medication errors imbedded within the software to boost clinical realism and prepare students for current practice.
- A Medication Room that contains a wide variety of drug storage areas, such as a Unit Dosage Cabinet, Automated Dispensing System, IV Storage, and a Refrigerator.
- 6 unique patients/cases, each with complex medical-surgical conditions for students to care for and monitor within the virtual hospital.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
Getting Started Getting Set Up Quick Tour and Reference Guide Detailed Tour
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >