Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 to Accompany Medical-Surgical Nursing / Edition 6by Sharon L. Lewis, Jay Tashiro
Pub. Date: 03/30/2005
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
- Meaningful, real-world problems place users in nursing scenarios where they can set priorities for care, collect data, analyze and interpret data, and reach conclusions about complex problems within a
Completely updated for easier use and more control, the VCE Pacific View workbook/CD-ROM package brings learning to life in a "virtual" hospital setting.
- Meaningful, real-world problems place users in nursing scenarios where they can set priorities for care, collect data, analyze and interpret data, and reach conclusions about complex problems within a health-illness transition.
- The highly-engaging format encourages active learning and provides opportunities to identify information to collect and process data for evidence-based patient care; work with data entry and retrieval screens; optimize use of available information resources; understand hospital information systems; manage information for decision-making; and maintain and improve core computing skills.
- Lessons in the workbook complement the content in the textbook and guide the student through the virtual hospital.
- Includes NCLEX examination-style questions that offer built-in testing of clinical knowledge.
- The CD-ROM offers users the opportunity to visit each patient and access realistic information essential for patient care, including: charts, medical administration records, electronic patient records, video clips of nurse-client interactions, and other related materials.
- A clock icon appears under each lesson, estimating how much time it will take to complete.
- A linkage icon alerts the user whenever they are about to begin an exercise that connects with previous lessons.
- The elimination of third-party plug-ins facilitates fast and easy software installation.
- Flash-based technology allows for more ease of use and seamless navigation.
- Greater faculty support with the addition of the FAC PAC, a new instructors' website, and a radically expanded testing component.
- A medication administration feature enables users to select, prepare, and administer medications.
- Over 50 common medication errors imbedded within the software to boost clinical realism and prepare students for current practice.
- A Medication Room that contains a wide variety of drug storage areas, such as a Unit Dosage Cabinet, Automated Dispensing System, IV Storage, and a Refrigerator.
- 6 unique patients/cases, each with complex medical-surgical conditions for students to care for and monitor within the virtual hospital.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.72(w) x 10.84(h) x 0.77(d)
Table of Contents
Getting Set Up
Quick Tour and Reference Guide
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >